• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,169 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2019 at 3:10 AM, Electricmastro said:

Definitely a highlight: Fletcher Hanks' work on Space Smith from Fantastic Comics.

bvYow4V.jpg

A very late response, but... This was the exact Fletcher Hanks story that got me started on collecting Fox Comics. I picked up a cheap incomplete Fantastic Comics #2 at a convention (back in 2002!), and loved this story so much but had no idea who the writer/artist was. Couldn't stop laughing at the final page of the story, where Stardust (who we see in the preceding pages is a god-like entity with seemingly unlimited powers) finally just grabs the bad guy and tosses him off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

A very late response, but... This was the exact Fletcher Hanks story that got me started on collecting Fox Comics. I picked up a cheap incomplete Fantastic Comics #2 at a convention (back in 2002!), and loved this story so much but had no idea who the writer/artist was. Couldn't stop laughing at the final page of the story, where Stardust (who we see in the preceding pages is a god-like entity with seemingly unlimited powers) finally just grabs the bad guy and tosses him off a cliff. 

Hanks definitely stood out as a particularly colorful and energetic artist, which his Stardust stories show as well (Fantastic Comics #11, October 1940).

55.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro