• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I will share this till the cows come home like Aces Our Flag 5 I was concerned this book would elude me forever. Still only 4 blue labels on CGCs census and 2 restored. There is a nice raw copy on ebay right now in case anyone needs one!!

EAE2E5E8-C1B9-4228-9696-BD8DAA4FB436.jpeg

Damn Gino that is a cool one. Outside of Gerber, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. 

15 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

great stuff, brother!

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Damn Gino that is a cool one. Outside of Gerber, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. 

Thanks gentlemen!!!! You both have 2 of the most AMAZING collections this world has ever known so I greatly appreciate it!! 

Here is a fun and WEIRD early Fox that I love!! This is totally snazzy copy I picked up from my dear friend Kenny THE MAN Sanderson!! One of these days if he ever gets any free time I’m gonna put his magicians skills to the test and restore/conserve this bad boy for me!! It’s gonna be a lot of work bc every page will need to be leafcasted but this piece of history deserves it imo. 

123DB5C4-C59D-415B-983F-CEAFAAA3BC36.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I’d like to have an even more amazing collection if only you would post some more of yours for sale...:devil:

hehehe was pairing down a few of my doubles but you snagged yourself a good one that I actually don’t have 2 of!! Also clearing out some incomplete books in hopes of bringing in a cool book or 2 in some these upcoming auctions!! I am saving a handful of incomplete books though that I really want to marry someday like the Wonderworld 7 and 15. Just need some coverless copies the hardest part the covers are obtained!! I’m excited for the when the day comes i’m confident they are out there just gotta keep hunting!!

23 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I will share this till the cows come home like Aces Our Flag 5 I was concerned this book would elude me forever. Still only 4 blue labels on CGCs census and 2 restored. There is a nice raw copy on ebay right now in case anyone needs one!!

EAE2E5E8-C1B9-4228-9696-BD8DAA4FB436.jpeg

Such a great cover, Gino! That’s a pretty awesome book!!! :headbang:

On 8/6/2020 at 10:22 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Gorgeous Copy brother I am so glad I didn't give in and let you pry mine away and look you got one twice as nice gotta love it when the hunt pays off!!! CGC should list as a Hitler cover that is the consensus amongst collectors and should also label the Patenaude cover as well the signature on Hitlers shoulder along with the composition of both Blue Beetle and our red dressed woman are a dead give away as well. I have always enjoyed the aspect of this cover with them being in the air looking down below. Such a neat book. Congrats again dude!! 

Hahah. Your copy inspired me to track one down. Not many around so just grabbed the one I could find. Your other two mystery men are on my list also. Would love to pick those up one day also.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:35 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Most important part you can’t see is the enormous grin i had pasted on my face as I took it!!

3B721E28-70F0-43EE-8D11-6C7FA079BB93.jpeg

Hey Gino;

Well done and big congrats as another important thing is that all 3 of these later and HTF MM books sure presents nicely relative to their assigned CGC grades. :applause:   :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/8/2020 at 11:59 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey Gino;

Well done and big congrats as another important thing is that all 3 of these later and HTF MM books sure presents nicely relative to their assigned CGC grades. :applause:   :luhv:

Thanks brother!! The 29 has some nibbles on the lower left that you can’t see in the pic (I covered it up with the 30 hehe) so I wouldn’t mind upgrading that one BUT it did come from a dear friend so it has extra sentimental value but other than that i am very pleased with them!!

On 8/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Had fun taking this pic it will probably show up small but you all get the gist.

Most important part you can’t see is the enormous grin i had pasted on my face as I took it!!

3B721E28-70F0-43EE-8D11-6C7FA079BB93.jpeg

GREAT group shot Gino!!!! I BET you've got a grin!!!!  :bigsmile:

13 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

GREAT group shot Gino!!!! I BET you've got a grin!!!!  :bigsmile:

hehehe that’s brother!! I look at them like a Blue Beetle flipbook side by side...Right rear choke...Left overhand punch....finishing Uppercut blow hahaha!!

Edited by gino2paulus2