• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

lawd, how long have i been on the prowl for upgrades to 7 & 8---i'm sure one or both will fall to me this weekend.   riiiiiight.

It's a magnificent set as is so you should be able to rest easy while you wait! :applause:

Could anyone tell me which Fox artist this is? For some reason, this looks familiar, but I’m not sure who (and I think it’s all the same artist) could have drawn this particular art from late 1940:

zxq4I7X.jpg

vlCHHfw.jpg

vZqnG9v.jpg

FG5LYKc.jpg

zs8gWaA.jpg

H6ataIR.jpg

dU2oF7V.jpg

QENAhiy.jpg

LfviOpq.jpg

TiwwfsD.jpg

Source: CB+

Edit: Found out it may be Rolland Livingstone who drew the art.

Edited by Electricmastro

On 10/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, mwotka said:

Wonderworlds, Fantastics, and now Mystery Men.  What a treat, thank you all for sharing!  I am blessed with the occasional Fox issue, but I can't lay a whole run on you.  Here is one of my best...

Science Comics 1 7.0R.jpg

Generally overshadowed by Science #2, but I do so love this book. There's a bizarre pulp weirdness that's hard to look away from. Your copy presents super sweet!!:cloud9:

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

upgrades of mm 7 & 8 did NOT make their way to me this w’kend, dammit.  

I demand a congressional investigation! rantrant

On 10/5/2020 at 6:04 PM, Straw-Man said:

in case y’all were wondering, upgrades of mm 7 & 8 did NOT make their way to me this w’kend, dammit.  

Must have missed these two listings, but where were they being offered and what were the grades on them?  ???

Mystery Men 7 definitely appears to be a real toughie since the highest graded copy to date is the Church copy at an un-Church like grade of only CGC 8.0, while it looks like your CGC 4.0 graded copy is the second highest graded copy so far.  Not sure if you will be able to find a higher graded copy anytime soon, especially since it appears the the Larson copy is listed as having a clipped coupon out of the back cover.  :frown:

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Must have missed these two listings, but where were they being offered and what were the grades on them?  ???

Mystery Men 7 definitely appears to be a real toughie since the highest graded copy to date is the Church copy at an un-Church like grade of only CGC 8.0, while it looks like your CGC 4.0 graded copy is the second highest graded copy so far.  Not sure if you will be able to find a higher graded copy anytime soon, especially since it appears the the Larson copy is listed as having a clipped coupon out of the back cover.  :frown:

The Larson MM 7 is my book, and that’s correct (I love it just the same :cloud9:).