• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Bought this book with a missing centerfold about 35 years ago for around $15. Just liked it. Well, it took some time but today it is now complete. Patience paid off...

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

I was going to hit the "like" button on this, but then decided it deserved far more.

Well done and congratulations!!!

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

On 11/23/2020 at 1:14 AM, lou_fine said:

Always thought that Mystery Men 3 was the go to MM book for Fox collectors to go for after Mystery Men 1.  hm

Doesn't appear to be the case in this just completed Heritage Auction since this copy of Mystery Men 4 ended up selling for more than the Mystery Men 3:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Mystery Men Comics #4 (Fox, 1939) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Off-white to white pages....

The above copy of Mystery Men 4 sold for $3,360 as compared to only $2,280 for the Mystery Men 3:  :whatthe:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Mystery Men Comics #3 (Fox, 1939) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Well, I don't know who picked up the 4 (great book), however, I know who received the 3 this Christmas morning.  :banana::banana::banana:

3 hours ago, Spyder! said:

One of my collecting goals for the new year was to buy my first Lou Fine Fox book.  I gave it a good try, but I’m out! $2,000 with BP already?
Back to Fiction House where I belong. 

D083D5BB-F762-4B9C-BEB6-98B3EA9ADFC9.jpeg

You'd be surprised how many ways you can spice up Ramen Noodles 

54 minutes ago, sagii said:

You'd be surprised how many ways you can spice up Ramen Noodles 

I've found that finely shredded Heritage packaging has just the zest I'm looking for.

3 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

@sagii convinced me to live off ramen noodles for awhile. :nyah:

After giving up on this book earlier in the week, I threw reason to the wind and was fortunate enough to win my first ever Fox book last night!  I love these really early sci-fi covers. :x

MM09.jpg

Atta boy @Spyder! :golfclap:

That one fits nicely into your Planet group! Congratulations!

Ramen Noodle cookbook on the way :kidaround:

4 hours ago, sagii said:

Atta boy @Spyder! :golfclap:

That one fits nicely into your Planet group! Congratulations!

Ramen Noodle cookbook on the way :kidaround:

Thanks!  I'm a sucker for those sci-fi covers, especially when exceptional artists like Lou Fine are involved.

7 hours ago, Spyder! said:

@sagii convinced me to live off ramen noodles for awhile. :nyah:

After giving up on this book earlier in the week, I threw reason to the wind and was fortunate enough to win my first ever Fox book last night!  I love these really early sci-fi covers. :x

MM09.jpg

Jared -- Super congratulations!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the early Fox / Lou Fine club! :applause:

You started off with a TOTALLY awesome issue that rarely shows up. Your copy has great vivid colors, kudos! I'm a sucker for x-ray irradiation imaging effects, as you can probably guess from my avatar, so I really love that book you nabbed! 

My only question is: what Fox book is next? 

:popcorn:

On 1/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, buttock said:
On 1/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, Spyder! said:

One of my collecting goals for the new year was to buy my first Lou Fine Fox book.  I gave it a good try, but I’m out! $2,000 with BP already?
Back to Fiction House where I belong. 

D083D5BB-F762-4B9C-BEB6-98B3EA9ADFC9.jpeg

Expand  

Wow!

Wowza is definitely right as it looks like yesterday's Heritage Sunday Auction had 7 of the early Mystery Men run from MM 2 through MM 12 in similar grade range and it looks like they all sold for huge multiples to their condition guide valuation:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+1060+790+231+4294944811&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=mystery+men+comics&limitTo=4294944811

34 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wowza is definitely right as it looks like yesterday's Heritage Sunday Auction had 7 of the early Mystery Men run from MM 2 through MM 12 in similar grade range and it looks like they all sold for huge multiples to their condition guide valuation:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+1060+790+231+4294944811&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=mystery+men+comics&limitTo=4294944811

MM2 in 2.5 going for $2,900 really blew my mind. That was another one I was targeting.