• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, comicjack said:
5 hours ago, Spyder! said:

It was a good St. Patrick's day for Spyder!

Absolutely love this cover.

weird02.jpg

Expand  

Love books that present greater than the grade i was watching that one :banana:

Not sure about this, but I think it would have received a grade commensuarate with its actual condition level if it had been slabbed with  Green Qulaified label.  hm

Then again, not sure about this since I thought a missing coupon usually means an "incomplete" book and automatically graded as a 0.5 Poor if slabbed witha blue Universal label.  Or are they basically saying here that the heavy accumulation of defects including the clipped coupon justifieds the 1.0 Fair condition grade. (shrug)

22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure about this, but I think it would have received a grade commensuarate with its actual condition level if it had been slabbed with  Green Qulaified label.  hm

Then again, not sure about this since I thought a missing coupon usually means an "incomplete" book and automatically graded as a 0.5 Poor if slabbed witha blue Universal label.  Or are they basically saying here that the heavy accumulation of defects including the clipped coupon justifieds the 1.0 Fair condition grade. (shrug)

Incomplete books can get a 1.0 blue label for a missing coupon only.  Here is the first copy of AF 15 I bought about 7 years ago, also a 1.0 missing coupon.  I found this old discussion too.  For me, it’s a great way to get an expensive book since I can’t swing a nicer copy and a missing coupon on the back can still present pretty well. (thumbsu

BA089B21-450C-493B-9008-388BCAFBE742.jpeg

10 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Weird 2 is the cover that launched my journey into the deep space of Fox, Fine, and Simon.

@Spyder! congrats on yet another tough (and supremely awesome) book.

You're achieving in 5 weeks what's taken me 5 years...

Affordable early Fox books really need to stop coming to market for a while! I need a break from the temptation. 

9 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

it's a happy fox-friday on the bayou.  just got a nice batch back from s'sota.   here we go, with some before/after action...

got the fonky old label off this one, and a slight bump to boot!  yay!!

science5.jpg

0268135D-5019-4D5D-A733-2B5E5F92183F.jpeg

Very nice!:headbang: