• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, circumstances said:

Mail call!

20200816_185156_resized.jpg

I guess my mail man must steal all of my nicer mail because I never receive books like this in my mail box.  :sumo:

Just wait until this upcoming Blue Beetle movie come out and these books will sky rocket into the stratosphere just like that:  :bigsmile:

https://www.looper.com/340949/dcs-blue-beetle-movie-release-date-cast-and-plot-what-we-know-so-far/

Okay, maybe not the GA version of the Blue Beetle, as these newbie FOMO crazed buyers of today will probably only be willing to pay up for the readily available BA and CA versions of the Blue Beetle books.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I didn’t know that. Explains why some guy bought the two beater Blue Beetle GA books that have been in my boxes for like forever yesterday. And some kid specifically asked for them. :whistle:

Well, now that you know, you can go right ahead and add an extra zero to the right for all of your books with a Blue Beetle cover and they'll probably continue to sell just like that.  :whee:  :banana:

56 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, now that you know, you can go right ahead and add an extra zero to the right for all of your books with a Blue Beetle cover and they'll probably continue to sell just like that.  :whee:  :banana:

I guess the question will be will the fans of the Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes even know the original BB appeared in more books than just his own self titled book?!! 🤷‍♂️

F388C1D0-8D34-44F2-AD5D-677A953CB27E.jpeg

E0F8C47A-8E9C-47F5-89B2-33DBA521EC4B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I guess the question will be will the fans of the Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes even know the original BB appeared in more books than just his own self titled book?!! 🤷‍♂️

We have our gold scholars around to make sure they are well rounded on the matter :golfclap:

43 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Unfortunately not, as all they'll probably look at is that big big number on the top left hand corner of the slab, and as long as it's got a 9.8 or 9.9, their wallets will be opened wide and they'll be throwing money at you faster than you can grab it.  :devil:

You never know, in this crazed FOMO driven marketplace, the Blue Bettle books just might move like the Shang Chi books when the trailer hits.  :bigsmile:

I still remember a few years ago when you couldn't give away a copy of Special Marvel Edtion 15, even as a Halloween treat as the little kiddies would just look at it and toss it right back at you.  I still remember cherry picking about 5 copies of this book way back in the day since it was part of a huge warehouse find and they would always keep showing up in the back bins in minty fresh condition for only a loonie or so.  The only reason I picked it up was that I liked the Gulacy artwork in the later issues and figured that I couldn't go wrong with a first appearance issue if I was patient enough.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  zzz

Then lo and behold, the book moves up to a few thousand when the movie is announced, and then goes nutso and hits into the mid $7K's this past month, and now that they've released what is apparently a terrible first trailer, it goes beyond nutso in tonight's HA Sunday Auction and fetches $14,400 for a poorly wrapped copy with that big white fugly off center spine (actually common for this book) showing :  :screwy:  :screwy:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/special-marvel-edition-15-shang-chi-master-of-kung-fu-marvel-1973-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/122117-17541.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Bronze Age (1970-1979):Superhero, Special Marvel Edition #15 Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu (Marvel, 1973) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

And that's for a book that's already got over 100 copies in this equivalent CGC 9.8 with another 350 odd copies knocking right on its door at CGC 9.6.  So, best just to hang onto your GA books with the Blue Beetle in them for now and then hopefully pick up the pot of gold at the end of the comic book FOMO rainbow when the trailer for the Blue Beetle movie hits.  lol

:takeit:  :takeit:  , the money, that is.  (thumbsu

the 3 is the last book in my little 48-book fox run.   i used to have green mask 1 and flame 1 to close it off, but decided there was no joe or lou on those covers no matter what the labels say....

Edited by Straw-Man

I guess the new generation of collectors just can't hold onto their books for more than a few months as this book is coming up again:  :cloud9:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dwonder%2Bworld%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1467075&id=1467075&itemType=0#detail

00020712394097111485124009.jpg

Jon Berk's former Church copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 which first sold for $51K back in the big Jon Berk Auction of 2017 and then resold last summer at CC for $64,111.  Normally, I wouldn't think it would have much problems passing the $64K mark in this current red hot marketplace with the apparent new money coming in.  The monkey wrench in there, however, is the presence of the Promise Collection books and if those books are going to be drag on the marketplace for other high dollar GA books coming into the marketplace. hm  (shrug)

Then again, it is the Church copy and will definitely be interesting to watch the final few days as it is currently sitting at only $26,575.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Then again, it is the Church copy and will definitely be interesting to watch the final few days as it is currently sitting at only $26,575.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:

I'm sure the seller is finding that figure... interesting.  :eek: :wishluck: 

On 5/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, comicnoir said:
On 5/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, Point Five said:

'm sure the seller is finding that figure... interesting.  :eek: :wishluck: 

I'd be sweating buckets.

Well, you never know as a lot of the action for these auctions takes place on the last day as per usual.  (shrug)

I remember watching those File Copies of the Flash Gordon's in CC's Event Auction last month and if I remember correctly, they were all under $200 with a few days to go, and yet, they all finished up at well over $2K by the time it was all said and done.  :whatthe:

Then again, of course I would much rather prefer being in the position like that CGC 9.6 graded copy of TMNT 1 which is already sitting at $56K or that CGC 9.8 graded copy of that common as dirt GSXM 1 already sitting at $50,999; and who knows how high they are going to finish up at.  :screwy:

Will also be interesting to see how Jon Berk's former Church copy of Mystery Men 3 does since one of our very own esteemed board members here is putting that one right up in the same auction against all of those Promise Collection books.  :slapfight: :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, you never know as a lot of the action for these auctions takes place on the last day as per usual.  (shrug)

I remember watching those Filke Copies of the Flash Gordon's in CC's Event Auction last month and if I remember correctly, they were all under $200 with a few days to go, and yet, they all finished up at well over $2K by the time it was all said and done.  :whatthe:

Then again, of course I would much rather prefer being in the position like that CGC 9.6 graded copy of TMNT 1 which is already sitting at $56K or that CGC 9.8 graded copy of that common as dirt GSXM 1 already sitting at $50,999; and who knows how high they are going to finish up at.  :screwy:

Will also be interesting to see how Jon Berk's former Church copy of Mystery Men 3 does since one of our very own esteemed board members here is putting that one right up in the same auction against all of those Promise Collection books.  :slapfight: :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

I PROMISE you that book will do just fine  😂🙌