• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

i managed to garner a little upgrade last week.

mmenallentown.jpg

Whoa. THAT is how it's done. ^^

(worship):o BP haunched over measuring up the greens undulation. Takes one final step back...the bottom of the cup 75 ft from him. Addresses the ball...Eyes down the shot one last time confident in his line...Clockwork stroke. Silence overcomes the gallery!! He SINKs IT!!! The crowd explodes!!!!!! Victory!!!! :golfclap:

i managed to garner a little upgrade last week.

mmenallentown.jpg

Ah........I see that you have answered the question that was posed in another thread a few weeks ago:

Who is going for the Allentown Mystery Men #1 at the next Heritage signature auction?

Yes, it will be very interesting to see where this book finishes up at since it is the highest graded copy to date and with the prestigious and highly sought after Allentown pedigree designation to boot. :cloud9:

Any preliminary guesses as to where this book will end up at by the time it's all said and done? hm

Yes, I'll make one prediction with confidence. This book will land in the collection of someone of substantial means. :grin:

So, you must be the person of substantial means that Cat was referring to in his statement above. lol

Congrats on a superb pickup and you even managed to get it for under the $40K to $50K mark that some board members thought the book would end up going for. :applause:

thanks, everybody. i'm awfully glad to have it. would've liked to try to upgrade the science 1, too, but ain't an oil baron--glad a boardie grabbed it.

Ahem... as the winner of Science 1, I'm happy to swap for your MM 1 !!! :kidaround:

The old Fox books are very cool but the later ones really float my boat too. These are rather "foxey"...

comjojorun_zpsb1b77m6t.jpg

I am close to completing this run too, with the exception of one very elusive one, which I should have in 3 weeks. :wishluck:

#25? :o

Uh... Yeah. If you are going for it, might as well pack it in now.

This is me buying that book- and it is just a filler :screwy:

Photo%20May%2011%2012%2042%2057%20PM_zpswg9rezvn.gif