• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

11lhfnb.jpg

Never noticed this cover before, probably because the GCD scan is so washed out. The Fine inks really help out the Simon art. The last really cool cover in the run until the war books at the end IMHO

I couldn't agree more my friend they got very simplistic then picked back up at 28...here is question to you Fox aficionados!! Does Wonderworld Comics #31 exist??? I've never seen one that I recall. Gerber has a pic so it must be out there. Really neat looking too just no one ever posts one. Im sure JB has one if anyone does!! You like the 15 BParker has a SWEET copy!!

He sure does...found it only took me sifting through 60 or so pages Haha!!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1242045&nt=148&fpart=58

Heritage has never sold a copy and CGC has never graded a copy? I think that alone speaks volumes

gino,i dont see it?

He sure does...found it only took me sifting through 60 or so pages Haha!!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1242045&nt=148&fpart=58

Heritage has never sold a copy and CGC has never graded a copy? I think that alone speaks volumes

gino,i dont see it?

:hi: buddy!! Our posts per page are probably set up different...Here is the ONLY copy of this book that I found in this entire thread and it's Berks copy. Sorry JB gonna screenshot your awesome book just to pull it forward some. I think every Fox book has been represented in here at least a couple times even the rarest of the rare like Weird 20. Note this is not my book, this is the Chosen One JBs book...who needs Marvel Comics #1 this is way cooler hehe!!

iwslxf.png

Here you go......jb

:applause:(thumbs u

JB I must ask...would you personally consider this one of the tougher issues of all the late run Fox books. I agree Weird 20 is probably one of toughest and understandably doesn't want to exit collections bc of its classic cover and I concur they NEVER come up but this is one book I have yet to see even a single copy of. Have you seen many other copies out in the wild during your travels or is this another being locked away because I have seen a few 29, 30, 32, and 33s. All of which are AWESOME. As you may already tell I share a very similar passion for these late 41 early 42 Covers especially the Pat books (a lot of which has been fueled by seeing your stellar copies!!)

That Wonderworld #31 cover is just great! New to me, never seen it before.

you see what I mean right!!?!! if p5 is sayin this it's GOTTA be rare!! probably on everyone's radar now what was I thinkin hahaha!!! JK.

I dig it too man the colors/the perspective/the baddies/double bondage!! I like how the caption states the Flame is rushing in to save the girl. No mention of him assisting the man on the floor he's as good as gone!! lol

Here you go......jb

Thanks Gino,thanks Mr B.

I love The Flame...great,great cover.

Do you guys think 50$ is an okay price for Weird 2-coverless?,centrefold detached,but there?

To me, my 2c for a complete coverless as long as it's not brittle for 50 bones I would take that in a heartbeat. Never know when a cover may show up and heck if someone else has a cover they may pay you for it plus in the meantime you get to read an early Thor story!! (thumbs u

Recently back into collecting. This is the first Fox in my new collection. Just got it at SF Comic Con today (yes, also posted it in GGA thread :blush: )

FamCrimes1_zpsw9nfpemu.jpg

Hope you didn't have to sell your liver to get this copy? lol

Almost seems that's required now the way some of these GGA covers are going for huge dollars, even in raw low grades sometimes. Especially since this one definitely has both the curves and the headlights. hm:cloud9::takeit: