• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,172 posts in this topic

Is anybody checking out that collection of Fox books that Atlanta Pickers put on eBay this morning? HOLY SMOKES!! :o Some incredible stuff. Some deals and some real high numbers. I would love to get my hands on that Phantom Lady 18 for about 30% of their asking price.

:news: I bought one pretty great one this morning from the group. I think I will wait until I get it in to post it though.

Is anybody checking out that collection of Fox books that Atlanta Pickers put on eBay this morning? HOLY SMOKES!! :o Some incredible stuff. Some deals and some real high numbers. I would love to get my hands on that Phantom Lady 18 for about 30% of their asking price.

:news: I bought one pretty great one this morning from the group. I think I will wait until I get it in to post it though.

I had a gander. Some of the assigned grades seem awfully optimistic.

among the fox books in my wheelhouse [thru 7/40], ww 15 has been the one i've seen the least opportunity to upgrade. bought this one in '09, and haven't seen a single better book to bid on since. but it's pretty, and i probably would balk at the price a nicer one would demand, anyway.

ww15.jpg

As I recall this book looks even better in person.

The way cgc takes a pass on dust shadows maybe not.

The jojo 25 is a little weaker than a lot of the stuff and I think overpriced by $500 or so.

The book I bought was called NM- and I think it has a shot at it if the staples are not pulled and the centerfold is tight. 8.5 possible too. I paid a top of the market price but it's the number one book on my want list.

I noticed they did not have a Phantom Lady 23- wonder if it sold before listing?

The way cgc takes a pass on dust shadows maybe not.

The jojo 25 is a little weaker than a lot of the stuff and I think overpriced by $500 or so.

The book I bought was called NM- and I think it has a shot at it if the staples are not pulled and the centerfold is tight. 8.5 possible too. I paid a top of the market price but it's the number one book on my want list.

I noticed they did not have a Phantom Lady 23- wonder if it sold before listing?

Some don't just have dust shadows they are also tanned which CGC slams. The Jo-Jo 25 with the corner missing is more like a FN- and the Phantom Lady 17 looks more like a VF- than a NM-. What with the foxing and big creases on the spine BC.

I rarely bother looking at their listings.

That Zoot 16 makes me want to count my pennies.

That Zoot 16 makes me want to count my pennies.

Probably would have bought that All-Top 16 though....if that's what the listing was for. Was labeled as 15.

I think I know what it is Andy. From my experience it seems that the Ebay search engine wont show listings to a UK searcher if the listing does not include international shipping.

The only way around it as far as I know is to add specific items or titles to your search list and they'll be included in an email regardless. That will show the individual listing, and youcan visit it, but you still wont be able to search the sellers listings - or at least not the ones that don't designate international shipping.

I think I know what it is Andy. From my experience it seems that the Ebay search engine wont show listings to a UK searcher if the listing does not include international shipping.

The only way around it as far as I know is to add specific items or titles to your search list and they'll be included in an email regardless. That will show the individual listing, and youcan visit it, but you still wont be able to search the sellers listings - or at least not the ones that don't designate international shipping.

That's often the case, Mike - the powers at eBay have deemed it a good idea to remove such listings from searches if you're outside the U.S.

But the seller in this case did offer international shipping. Odd indeed.

:news:I bought one pretty great one this morning from the group. I think I will wait until I get it in to post it though.

I'm guessing something to do with a roulette table.

Their grading and pricing seem both optimistic, but they are nice copies, and the seller is inviting Best Offers with the acknowledgment that they are hard to price, so perhaps deals can be had.

That's often the case, Mike - the powers at eBay have deemed it a good idea to remove such listings from searches if you're outside the U.S.

But the seller in this case did offer international shipping. Odd indeed.

Hmm - a new wrinkle. I did check one of their JoJo listings and it said 'no international shipping.' But maybe it's Ebay that is inconsistent.