• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Well, to offset the attractive and tempting Heritage offerings from above, I guess CC is just going to have to counter with this offering:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=732552

^^

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, to offset the attractive and tempting Heritage offerings from above, I guess CC is just going to have to counter with this offering:

^^

Yeah, that is the one they notified me about, I am reasonably sure I cant afford it. Did you see the raw copy on ebay is back up for sale after a non-paying bidder. It has a BIN price on it which is not overly shameless, I just hate the missing coupon.

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

^^

Yeah, that is the one they notified me about, I am reasonably sure I cant afford it. Did you see the raw copy on ebay is back up for sale after a non-paying bidder. It has a BIN price on it which is not overly shameless, I just hate the missing coupon.

Yes, quite assuredly beyond most of the collectors here, except the ones with really deep pockets.  :frown:

But it does look like there is one other early Fox book in grade in this CC auction that should hopefully fall within the price range that common schmucks like us without the deep pockets just might be able to throw our dollars at with some chance of success.  hm  :wishluck:

44 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

After a long multi year journey and the help of a Berk auction I have finally completed my Weird Comics run 1-20. I just took a quick picture of them because I had to see them all laid out at once now that its done. This was a much more challenging run to put together than I anticipated when I began, there are a couple of issues in the teens that just never come up for sale and I really got quite lucky on some of them.

IMG_2596.JPG

Outstanding!!  :applause: You should post them separately.  Which of them are Berk copies?  Which were the toughest to get?

Edited by RareHighGrade

I will post them all separately when I get a chance to scan them all. 15 was really tough for some reason, I will talk about each as I post them individually. As far as Berk books there are a few, if not for those I think it would take another couple years to complete the run.

2 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

After a long multi year journey and the help of a Berk auction I have finally completed my Weird Comics run 1-20. I just took a quick picture of them because I had to see them all laid out at once now that its done. This was a much more challenging run to put together than I anticipated when I began, there are a couple of issues in the teens that just never come up for sale and I really got quite lucky on some of them.

Aw man. I'm so happy for you! 

Some real beauties in there--look forward to seeing the individual scans.

As you might remember, I finished this set too a few years back. It's such a fun title because in just 20 issues, you go from the 1930s pulp stuff to the bright cheery superheroes to the WWII covers. The early golden age in a nutshell.

Well done!  :applause:

11 minutes ago, Point Five said:

As you might remember, I finished this set too a few years back. It's such a fun title because in just 20 issues, you go from the 1930s pulp stuff to the bright cheery superheroes to the WWII covers. The early golden age in a nutshell.

I do indeed remember when you finished your set and posted them, you inspired me to finish because the whole set looked so good! I have done full runs of Spiderman, FF and all sorts of SA titles but nothing beats the feeling of GA run.

4 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I will post them all separately when I get a chance to scan them all. 15 was really tough for some reason, I will talk about each as I post them individually. As far as Berk books there are a few, if not for those I think it would take another couple years to complete the run.

Congrats on an absolutely amazing run to complete since some of these books are indeed tough to track down.  :golfclap:

Any plans to attempt the same for some of the other equally elusive Fox runs?  hm

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Congrats on an absolutely amazing run to complete since some of these books are indeed tough to track down.  :golfclap:

Any plans to attempt the same for some of the other equally elusive Fox runs?  hm

I am only a few books away from completing a couple other Fox runs, I think I will close out at least one more this year.

5 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I am only a few books away from completing a couple other Fox runs, I think I will close out at least one more this year.

So, since you've completed the Weird Fox run, I guess it means you won't be chasing after the slew of Weird books that CC has available in their upcoming Event Auction.

Makes it easier for the rest of the potential bidders then.  (thumbsu

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

So, since you've completed the Weird Fox run, I guess it means you won't be chasing after the slew of Weird books that CC has available in their upcoming Event Auction.

Makes it easier for the rest of the potential bidders then.  (thumbsu

Indeed, have at them. Now the other Fox titles....

i don't collect the title at this point in the run, but this had a 125 bucks b.i.n. on the 'bay.  i'd have felt foolish to not grab it.  anybody with a c.f. feel free to p.m. me.

mm14.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man

On 7/11/2017 at 7:06 PM, lpsunburst said:

IMG_2596.JPG

On 7/11/2017 at 10:07 PM, Point Five said:

Wow, what a great accomplishment!

And Point Five's observation about the timeline of the early GA being encapsulated in this run is, weirdly, spot on.