• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

These two Blue Beetle covers by Ramona Patenaude look like they belong at the end of the Mystery Men run.

BlueBeetle10.jpg

BlueBeetle11(MH).jpg

Awesome books!

Funny how the blonde lady keeps getting all tied up in knots. After a narrow escape in December, she's in another pickle come February.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:05 PM, atomised said:

I got good news on the MM7 with the "detached" cover from the HA Sunday auction that was discussed a bit back in this thread.  Lo and behold, the cover wasn't detached and after a press and slabbing, came back a solid 3.5 with Off-White to White pages.   Couldn't be happier as I thought it would come back as maybe a 1.5 to 2.0. The PQ was another nice surprise.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Very nice!

8 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Awesome books!

Funny how the blonde lady keeps getting all tied up in knots. After a narrow escape in December, she's in another pickle come February.

Doesn't appear to have even changed her dress, although her red shoes don't seem to have survived the December dustup.  hm

Hopefully, Tim has set his alarm so that he'll wake up in time to bid on this copy of Mystery Men 3 in today's CC auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=716460

This way, he'll at least have a reading copy that he can go through and guess what, it's still at a substantial discount to condition guide so far.  :whatthe:

Unless he wants to crack open his Church copy and give us a Cole's Notes version of the stories for some of the boardies that can't afford to pick up a copy of this book.  lol

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hopefully, Tim has set his alarm so that he'll wake up in time to bid on this copy of Mystery Men 3 in today's CC auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=716460

This way, he'll at least have a reading copy that he can go through and guess what, it's still at a substantial discount to condition guide so far.  :whatthe:

Unless he wants to crack open his Church copy and give us a Cole's Notes version of the stories for some of the boardies that can't afford to pick up a copy of this book.  lol

Well, I guess somebody must have woken up from their deep slumber as this copy of MM 3 has now moved a bit past its condition guide price.  (thumbsu

Without the classic cover demand, it looks like the other 2 Mystery Men books are not attracting any attention yet as I believe both of them have been stuck on the exact same numbers since this past weekend, with less than a hour to go now.  hm

1 hour ago, Twistty1 said:

Might be a bit soon to post this, but I'm really happy to finally have a copy, even if it is a lower grade copy. This book has always been one of my favourite Fine covers, with the various colours, the Green Mask's pose, along the guys in the back ground, it just looks like a timeless cover to me. 

MysteryMen3cgc2 5CC.JPG

Timeless for sure.Congrats!

18 minutes ago, comicjack said:
2 hours ago, Twistty1 said:

Might be a bit soon to post this, but I'm really happy to finally have a copy, even if it is a lower grade copy. This book has always been one of my favourite Fine covers, with the various colours, the Green Mask's pose, along the guys in the back ground, it just looks like a timeless cover to me. 

MysteryMen3cgc2 5CC.JPG

Timeless for sure.Congrats!

+3

Yes indeed.......congrats on a true timeless beauty on this classic Fox cover.  :luhv:

Looks like your timing to pick this one up was perfect as all 3 of these early Mystery Men books in this particular auction seemingly sold off at a huge discount to what they had been selling for recently.  (thumbsu

Maybe the last 2 CC auctions managed to satiate the appetite of most of the Fox collectors out there.  (shrug)

58 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

I was the under bidder on the MM 9, considering how great it looked in the slab I was very tempted to another increment, hope a boardie got it.

That's for sure as that copy certainly looked a lot nicer than the relatively low grade fugly looking Conserved copy of MM 9 that sold in the April / May CC auction for almost the same price as the much nicer looking MM 9 here.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine