• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, it was published by Fox and my posting it does get this thread back on the first page and ... and ... that's all I got. :sorry:

2017-10-11-0001_zps2le2muor.jpg

Probably the most sought after Fox after Fantastic 3. If the Church copy comes to auction..... :insane:

1 hour ago, sagii said:
3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, it was published by Fox and my posting it does get this thread back on the first page and ... and ... that's all I got. :sorry:

Probably the most sought after Fox after Fantastic 3. If the Church copy comes to auction..... :insane:

You know what?  I was just looking at my spreadsheet.  I bought this raw from WorldWide and Ritter said it is the Church copy.  I'm sure I noted that on the invoice, but I guess the graders weren't buying it.  Ritter knows this stuff, though, so he's probably right.  

35 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You know what?  I was just looking at my spreadsheet.  I bought this raw from WorldWide and Ritter said it is the Church copy.  I'm sure I noted that on the invoice, but I guess the graders weren't buying it.  Ritter knows this stuff, though, so he's probably right.  

Wow! How ironic! Maybe you should resub?  

5 minutes ago, sagii said:
42 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Wow! How ironic! Maybe you should resub?

Might not be a bad idea.  Just looked to see if the original listing was still up on the WW site (they sometimes keep them up for a long time as "Sale Pending"), but it's not there.  On some of these unmarked peds, the graders have to rely on provenance, which they aren't always willing to do.

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Definitely in my top 5 most disturbing GA covers. I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight. 

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

As usual I'm gobsmacked by your books! That Church/Berk book sure is a foxy complement to an already superior Fox collection, friend.

He outfoxed me during the bidding. :cry:

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

wow.  somebody go grab it.  i really believe that's a more than fair price.

http://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=MYSTERY_MEN_COMICS_11_24724

Since I believe you already have the CGC 9.0 Allentown copy of this book, I highly doubt you would be interested in this particular copy here.

I also doubt any of the other boardies here would be interested in this copy here for $7,250, especially since I had already pointed it out last month and yet it still sold for less than $4K:

On 9/13/2017 at 2:51 PM, lou_fine said:

Being a Fox collector from way back in the day, I always love to watch the bidding action on these Fox books, especially since they don't seem to come to market that often, if you exclude the recent Jon Berk auction.

Since we got the answer for the Fantastic 3 yesterday, I guess we we'll find out how the Mystery Men trio does today, the most interesting of which is the following:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=721161

Although it is already running at over condition guide by just a tad, it should have a bit more room to go if the Fantastic 3 from yesterday's last minute activity is any indication.  Especially since this is also a Fox book which is supposedly hot in today's marketplace, along with the fact that it is tied as the Highest Graded Copy which for some reason tends to make a book hot ever since CGC opened its doors.  The part that I like more is the fact that it is tied with Mystery Men 7 as having the fewest graded copies out of the early MM books.  Will be interesting to see where this copy ends up as it's been pretty much a full decade since a relatively nice copy of this particular book has been even available in the marketplace.   hm

Like the Fantastic 3 from yesterday, I guess we'll just have to wait and see in a couple more hours from now.  :taptaptap:

Not sure how easy it's going to be for Ritter to try to resell it for over $7K when nobody else except for him was willing to pay under $4K for this exact same copy.  Especially when it looks like CC is going to give it a second shot next month with the Jon Berk Church copy of this book which they had apparently graded as a raw F/VF 7.0 copy and sold for $5,700 back in the Berk auction a few months ago.   hm