• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Special thanks to the Boardie who let this one now reside in my collection :foryou:. When I sold my copy of Big 3 #4 on the Boards recently, I was kinda bummed because I was down one Fox in my stash. Glad it didn't take long to fill that void. Early Fox goodness :x

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great stuff! There was a slightly roughed up copy of this on CLINK last week, but too much spine split for my liking. This one really shines! Love the curves... 

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Special thanks to the Boardie who let this one now reside in my collection :foryou:. When I sold my copy of Big 3 #4 on the Boards recently, I was kinda bummed because I was down one Fox in my stash. Glad it didn't take long to fill that void. Early Fox goodness :x

image.jpeg

BTW where did you get the tasteful comic book holder frame thingy?

Thanks gents!

@Zolnerowich yes, and the C'Link copy may have been 'hurt' by the resto, a factor that had little to no effect on the Berk books. 

As for the holder, you can find them at the container store. I love these stands for displaying comics when I have them out to show folks or just admire for myself. They're adjustable too. 

4 hours ago, sagii said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Whoa, whoa, whoa - that's a great book! I have the Larson, and this copy has it beat. 

Big time congrat's! :golfclap:

On 9/14/2017 at 11:00 AM, Twistty1 said:

Might be a bit soon to post this, but I'm really happy to finally have a copy, even if it is a lower grade copy. This book has always been one of my favourite Fine covers, with the various colours, the Green Mask's pose, along the guys in the back ground, it just looks like a timeless cover to me. 

MysteryMen3cgc2 5CC.JPG

WOW!!! I will second everyone's notion TIMELESS indeed. Thought very seriously about chasing after this one glad I didn't as it went to a great home!! Nice book just how i like em too!! ?

7 hours ago, sagii said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

COREY ol' pal WOW!! What a beauty!!! Just love this book and what a copy!! One of my favorite covers of the the title just so much suspense and that yellow is sharp can't beat it!! Well played my friend well played!! ?

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa - that's a great book! I have the Larson, and this copy has it beat. 

Big time congrat's! :golfclap:

Thanks @sacentaur coming from a collector with a collection like yours, it is certainly appreciated. :acclaim:

@gino2paulus2 ol buddy, it took everything I had not to pm you with the acquisition , but it's always cool reading your reactions under any circumstances. Thank you sir, I'm leaning from some of the best :foryou:

Hat tip @telerites :

Alter Ego #101 from 2011 had a feature story on Fox:

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=972

But the coolest part: If you go to the above link, there's a link to a full PDF transcript of the Superman/Wonderman court case where Will Eisner testified that Victor Fox asked him to 'make me a Superman'. For early Fox fans it looks like some fascinating reading.

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Just can't get enough of these Fox "girlies"

comalltopcomics.jpg

comdagarrun.jpg

comjojorun.jpg

comrulahrun.jpg

comzootrun.jpg

I have to say you probably have more of the eclectic and off the beaten path GGA than possibly anyone else here.  I know there are more pedigreed collections but when I have a book that Robot Man doesn't have it is always a unicorn miracle surprise. 

Awesome display of Fox GGA :golfclap:

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have to say you probably have more of the eclectic and off the beaten path GGA than possibly anyone else here.  I know there are more pedigreed collections but when I have a book that Robot Man doesn't have it is always a unicorn miracle surprise. 

Awesome display of Fox GGA :golfclap:

Thanks Rick! That's high praise from one of the kings of GGA! And, there's LOTS of stuff I don't have. I still need a couple Phantom Ladies and Blue Beetles to finish my later Fox GGA run. Just to cheap to pick them up I guess.  Here's another unusual one. Jack Kamen cover I believe.

comallgreat13.jpg

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Wow. So many classics in that stash. Humbling to see. (worship)

They were so fun to accumulate. One or two at a time, here and there, Took me quite a while. I've got a couple Blue Beetles and Phantom Ladies still left to have all of Fox's later GGA titles complete. And, I've got some here I need upgrades on...

Well, it's been all of 5 days since this thread has seen action. :whatthe:

Here's a fairly recent purchase, with nice colors, and crazy amphibioid translucent aliens by Lou Fine. Unfortunately, there's some staining along the edges. Fortunately, it kept the price within my reach!  :smile:

Maybe one of those clever chaps at CCS can ply their magicks on the stains... Any thoughts?

0HDdZbZ.jpg  

16 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Well, it's been all of 5 days since this thread has seen action. :whatthe:

Here's a fairly recent purchase, with nice colors, and crazy amphibioid translucent aliens by Lou Fine. Unfortunately, there's some staining along the edges. Fortunately, it kept the price within my reach!  :smile:

Maybe one of those clever chaps at CCS can ply their magicks on the stains... Any thoughts?

0HDdZbZ.jpg  

Love me some nice presenting 4.0's -5'. Not a 'frequently seen issue. Love it, congrats!