• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

I posted this last week in Planet Thread saying that its on its way.It got here today, got to know a little history of the book previous owner bought book in 1981  and got it slabbed in 2003....that kind of info is so cool to know at least for me it is :cool:

IMG_2992.jpg

Huh? You lost me...

58 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Huh? You lost me...

Sorry about that.... I guess when I buy a book I just buy it and don't ask any questions so it was nice to hear how the guy I bought it from had it in his collection for 40 years.Maybe I should ask more questions next time I buy lol

2 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I posted this last week in Planet Thread saying that its on its way.It got here today, got to know a little history of the book previous owner bought book in 1981  and got it slabbed in 2003....that kind of info is so cool to know at least for me it is :cool:

IMG_2992.jpg

You can consider it a Foxy space gal :smile:

1 hour ago, goldenacase said:
1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

beautiful, but accidentally posted in the fox instead of fiction house thread?

Thanks Billy  doh! Sorry all:foryou:

Well, you won't get any complaints from me as I have always love these covers near the end of the Planet run. (thumbsu

Congrats on the beautiful pick up as this particular issue is definitely one of my favorites out of the entire Planet run.  :luhv:

9 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

3 blue beetles fit my criteria.  would love to upgrade the 1 at some point--missed on jon's copy, dangit.

bluebeetle1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3..jpg

Well those are handsome. That BB 2 faux Hitler cover o'yours is mighty fine.

Pretty shocking price on this Phantom Lady 17 Cgc 3.0 at $8,050... especially since another 3.0 went on HA about 10 days ago for $4,320... did I miss a move or TV announcement?...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DPhantom%2Blady%2B17%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1300576&id=1300576&itemType=0

23 minutes ago, szav said:

Pretty shocking price on this Phantom Lady 17 Cgc 3.0 at $8,050... especially since another 3.0 went on HA about 10 days ago for $4,320... did I miss a move or TV announcement?...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DPhantom%2Blady%2B17%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1300576&id=1300576&itemType=0

Based on the front cover it looked undergraded. But with no backcover image it’s a bit of a leap of faith unless the bidders were able to request a scan.

5 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Based on the front cover it looked undergraded

Hmm not sure I agree, a fair amount of soiling and staining, shadow along the bottom, looks like someone spilled coffee on her waist.  Not exactly a bright or glossy cover either.  That all said, I'm happy to see this book go to the moon and will be curious to see how the next auction goes.

11 minutes ago, szav said:

Hmm not sure I agree, a fair amount of soiling and staining, shadow along the bottom, looks like someone spilled coffee on her waist.  Not exactly a bright or glossy cover either.  That all said, I'm happy to see this book go to the moon and will be curious to see how the next auction goes.

Possibly. I didn’t look at it too closely. Unfortunately the sale won’t be recorded in GPA.

2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Possibly. I didn’t look at it too closely. Unfortunately the sale won’t be recorded in GPA.

I haven't nailed down a pattern of which sales are recorded.  I know eBay sales are all recorded, and online stores are not, but with auctions it seems some are and some are not?