• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,172 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

Gotta admit, now that looks like an absolutely crazy price at first glance.  :screwy:

Not so sure how crazy it is though after giving it some sobering thoughts with how high this market has been going.  After all, it is pretty hard to beat an early Fox book with a classic cover to boot.  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Gotta admit, now that looks like an absolutely crazy price at first glance.  :screwy:

Not so sure how crazy it is though after giving it some sobering thoughts with how high this market has been going.  After all, it is pretty hard to beat an early Fox book with a classic cover to boot.  :luhv:

Agreed. This book (clearly) is very tough in grade, and is arguably one of Joe Simon’s best covers for Victor Fox, if not one of the best of the 1939-1940 Fox books.

18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

If I didn't have my copy I would have paid the asking price.  One of the best Simon, Sci-Fi, Fox, red, early GA, you name it covers.  

13 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Can you imagine how great this cover would be if this were a beautiful woman, rather than a man, who was about to be injected?

MysteryMen16.jpg

Can you imagine being a fan of male bondage? :cloud9: This book would be a grail!

Edited by MrBedrock
?

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Can you imagine being a fan of male bondage? :cloud9: This book would be a grail!

Only a fan of male bondage or a person with prior experience in this practice would ever imagine this.  :baiting:

Any truth to the rumours that you have been snapping up every single copy of this book as they come to market, similar to Fishler's fansination with Fantastic 3?  lol

45 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
48 minutes ago, october said:

:hi:

Had to replace my 5.5 that I recently traded away after a decade of happiness in my collection. I felt weird without a copy.

I loved this book. Glad it’s going to a good home

With all of the current love and subsequent demand for Science 2, it almost makes me wonder if it's moved ahead of Science 1 in terms of valuation?  hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

With all of the current love and subsequent demand for Science 2, it almost makes me wonder if it's moved ahead of Science 1 in terms of valuation?  hm

Science 2 has been in demand since the 1980s.  Always considered a classic.  1 holds more sway in OSPG, but nowhere else.  

14 minutes ago, buttock said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Science 2 has been in demand since the 1980s.  Always considered a classic.  1 holds more sway in OSPG, but nowhere else.  

Well, I guess that's like how Cap 2 holds sway over Cap 3 in the OSPG  :facepalm:, but absolutely nowhere else that I am aware of.