• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Ok folks this post will be intended to open discussions as well. I am Super Excited to present to my group of fellow GA maniacs my most recent Fox acquisition and I won’t lie I am over the moon with this one. Just arrived in the mail today what I consider to be one of the rarest superhero books out there. Only 3 copies on the census one of which I had previously owned and sold to a boardie to help him complete his run as he’s an awesome dude 😉 Heritage has never sold a single copy. I honestly believed there was a real good chance I would never stumble across another as the only other copy I had ever seen was Berks Mile High beauty and that was simply out of my range at this stage in my life. It was kind of a gamble as it was a raw book on ebay but when she arrived I was easily able to flip through all the pages which were to my joy all accounted for. It’s tape free and the pieces that were folded over in the pics were easily folded back. It has on the the coolest covers in the run imo I love the colors especially. Obviously our hero the Flame looks awesome, the monsters, the pick axe, and the double bondage don’t hurt either and for you early Planet lovers out there look...we even have Rivets!!! The half splash is legendary. 

Also love the cover comment,”Melting his way through the metal, the Flame dashed to the girl’s aid” 😂🤟 like hey? what about the guy hahaha!!?!!! The Flame had his priorities straight for darn sure!!

There has been many a great debate about what the rarest books out there are and I am curious to hear my fellow boardies opinion on what they think may be as rare or rarer than this book from the great house of Fox Features Syndicate. I have heard possibly Zoot 2 or maybe even Wonder 2 but I think this is rarer than the Wonder although that is an AWESOME book and still very rare. Has anyone seen one of these in the wild or have a copy to share there is the 3rd CGCd copy that I would love to see if a boardie owns it!! I humbly present to you my newest book that I am so stoked to share with you guys and gals my wife said she loved the look on my face as I thumbed through it!! Without further ado...

Wonderworld Comics #31

06671E35-11D5-4518-B855-22E2491F03C8.jpeg

89D4FED3-D475-4385-98C0-6977D9D850C1.jpeg

Ginooooooo!!!! :golfclap::golfclap:

So happy this rarity went to you! I was a watcher (and a bidder, with a decent, but low one in case you were on this. I know i could have PM'd, but sometimes folks want to play it to the chest, and not ruin their luck by broadcasting). Any way again, glad my hunch was right.

I could tell in the picks those were folds and not missing pieces, it looks amazing flattened out in your pic! Not an easy thing to come up with a book as rare, i'll have to chew on that one for a while hm  (but a few are in your Sigline :D )

Again buddy, Congrats Congrats, Congrats!!! (worship) (worship) (worship)

Post it after you slab it ANYTIME and ALL THE TIME 

49 minutes ago, sagii said:

Ginooooooo!!!! :golfclap::golfclap:

So happy this rarity went to you! I was a watcher (and a bidder, with a decent, but low one in case you were on this. I know i could have PM'd, but sometimes folks want to play it to the chest, and not ruin their luck by broadcasting). Any way again, glad my hunch was right.

I could tell in the picks those were folds and not missing pieces, it looks amazing flattened out in your pic! Not an easy thing to come up with a book as rare, i'll have to chew on that one for a while hm  (but a few are in your Sigline :D )

Again buddy, Congrats Congrats, Congrats!!! (worship) (worship) (worship)

Post it after you slab it ANYTIME and ALL THE TIME 

You DA MAN C!!!! Thanks so much brother!! I sure will my friend!! 

Oh man, that's awesome Gino. What a toughie!  :applause:

I don't know who that interior artist is but I've enjoyed his work before; it's all pretty offbeat, zany and dark like that. He's got stories sprinkled through the 1941-1942 Fox books like Weird, The Flame, etc. He often draws key characters in that weird 3/4ths perspective like in this splash. Great stuff. 

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

Oh man, that's awesome Gino. What a toughie!  :applause:

I don't know who that interior artist is but I've enjoyed his work before; it's all pretty offbeat, zany and dark like that. He's got stories sprinkled through the 1941-1942 Fox books like Weird, The Flame, etc. He often draws key characters in that weird 3/4ths perspective like in this splash. Great stuff. 

Thanks SOOOOO MUCH brother!!!! I share your sentiments man!! I think the artist your referring to is Louis Cazeneuve. From what I have gathered he also had a brother Arturo that many they both are Argentine artists who came to the US in 1939 and worked at the Eisner/Iger (Will and Jerry) shop. I do the -script for the US Jones story written by Bob Farrow at least he signed it. Hard to really pin this stuff down with the GA pseudonyms and what have you but one thing I do know is that I LOVE it!!! 

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks SOOOOO MUCH brother!!!! I share your sentiments man!! I think the artist your referring to is Louis Cazeneuve. From what I have gathered he also had a brother Arturo that many they both are Argentine artists who came to the US in 1939 and worked at the Eisner/Iger (Will and Jerry) shop. I do the ---script for the US Jones story written by Bob Farrow at least he signed it. Hard to really pin this stuff down with the GA pseudonyms and what have you but one thing I do know is that I LOVE it!!! 

Oh yep, right you are! That's a name I've seen before in these later Foxes.

For no particular reason except that they're cool, here are four splash pages from The Flame #8 which was the final issue (hat tip to Comic Book Plus for the scans). GCD is guessing Arturo Cazeneuve on all of these, but it might well be Louis Cazeneuve or a mix of the two of them, who knows. Some great wacky concepts and crackling dialogue, and this isn't even all of the stories in the book. You got your dime's worth outta this one!

flame8pg1.thumb.jpg.ad960238781e7bac8dc60896ffa7982c.jpg

flame8pg2.thumb.jpg.49c3ae1aed1f96ad403a3c79eeec010c.jpg

flame8pg3.thumb.jpg.7ab79cfbe97f1b9e216e77cbaa92a7f2.jpg

flame8pg4.thumb.jpg.09e092d0334c01f26aba3bcfd587621d.jpg

Edited by Point Five

5 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Oh yep, right you are! That's a name I've seen before in these later Foxes.

For no particular reason except that they're cool, here are four splash pages from The Flame #8 which was the final issue (hat tip to Comic Book Plus for the scans). GCD is guessing Arturo Cazeneuve on all of these, but it might well be Louis Cazeneuve or a mix of the two of them, who knows. Some great wacky concepts and crackling dialogue, and this isn't even all of the stories in the book. You got your dime's worth outta this one!

flame8pg1.thumb.jpg.ad960238781e7bac8dc60896ffa7982c.jpg

flame8pg2.thumb.jpg.49c3ae1aed1f96ad403a3c79eeec010c.jpg

flame8pg3.thumb.jpg.7ab79cfbe97f1b9e216e77cbaa92a7f2.jpg

flame8pg4.thumb.jpg.09e092d0334c01f26aba3bcfd587621d.jpg

jYeah that issue has a BEAST of an interior when it comes to splashes I love them all!! I thought I included this with the first post looks like I didn’t this is the first splash on the Wonderworld 31 it’s Metal!!. This is from my sold copy the one I just attained had foxing on it. Most definitely one of the Cazeneuve bros

2EA12F95-08C1-42F5-82FB-2EB4D618EB71.jpeg

16 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Ok folks this post will be intended to open discussions as well. I am Super Excited to present to my group of fellow GA maniacs my most recent Fox acquisition and I won’t lie I am over the moon with this one. Just arrived in the mail today what I consider to be one of the rarest superhero books out there. Only 3 copies on the census one of which I had previously owned and sold to a boardie to help him complete his run as he’s an awesome dude 😉 Heritage has never sold a single copy. I honestly believed there was a real good chance I would never stumble across another as the only other copy I had ever seen was Berks Mile High beauty and that was simply out of my range at this stage in my life. It was kind of a gamble as it was a raw book on ebay but when she arrived I was easily able to flip through all the pages which were to my joy all accounted for. It’s tape free and the pieces that were folded over in the pics were easily folded back. It has on the the coolest covers in the run imo I love the colors especially. Obviously our hero the Flame looks awesome, the monsters, the pick axe, and the double bondage don’t hurt either and for you early Planet lovers out there look...we even have Rivets!!! The half splash is legendary. 

Also love the cover comment,”Melting his way through the metal, the Flame dashed to the girl’s aid” 😂🤟 like hey? what about the guy hahaha!!?!!! The Flame had his priorities straight for darn sure!!

There has been many a great debate about what the rarest books out there are and I am curious to hear my fellow boardies opinion on what they think may be as rare or rarer than this book from the great house of Fox Features Syndicate. I have heard possibly Zoot 2 or maybe even Wonder 2 but I think this is rarer than the Wonder although that is an AWESOME book and still very rare. Has anyone seen one of these in the wild or have a copy to share there is the 3rd CGCd copy that I would love to see if a boardie owns it!! I humbly present to you my newest book that I am so stoked to share with you guys and gals my wife said she loved the look on my face as I thumbed through it!! Without further ado...

Wonderworld Comics #31

06671E35-11D5-4518-B855-22E2491F03C8.jpeg

89D4FED3-D475-4385-98C0-6977D9D850C1.jpeg

13A5FA06-A0C1-4565-9A52-16E02768420C.jpeg

Super AWESOME, Gino! That's a heckuva splash page!

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 7/24/2019 at 8:09 PM, MrBedrock said:

bluebeetle15.jpg

Um, why doesn't anyone notice a skyscraper is about to fall on their heads? Blue Beetle should know better! 

I was thinking that same thing. And why is the leader of the German invasion forces an overweight elf? hm