• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

all my recent tries were blown out the water, and that applied equally to a church fantastic 8

That was a very pretty copy!

well done, spyder.  the books you grabbed ain't easy to get, and the grabbin' is gettin' harder, in my experience.  i'm now about a year removed from the last upgrade for my little fox run thru 7/40.   just about resigned to the notion of the group staying "as-is."  all my recent tries were blown out the water, and that applied equally to a church fantastic 8 and a mid-grade improvement on fantastic 7.   and those aren't even lou books [tho' i'm very fond of the joe books, as well].

here are the wonderworlds i'd like to post for sale in the market should nicer copies find their way to cajun country.

ww7.jpg

ww8.jpg

ww9.jpg

ww10.jpg

ww12.jpg

and this one, too, i guess, tho' i'm sure i'm priced out on bumping it up, and it's not a particular favorite of mine [tho' i recognize the importance...].

wondercomics1.jpg

I hope you’re all watching closely taking notes folks because this is how they collect in the pro’s!!! Big League books right here BP!! 

Edited by gino2paulus2

28 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

That was a very pretty copy!

since said church fantastic 8 was won by a friend, my underbidder status has me only disliking him now, as opposed to abject loathing.

Edited by Straw-Man

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

well done, spyder.  the books you grabbed ain't easy to get, and the grabbin' is gettin' harder, in my experience.  i'm now about a year removed from the last upgrade for my little fox run thru 7/40.   just about resigned to the notion of the group staying "as-is."  all my recent tries were blown out the water, and that applied equally to a church fantastic 8 and a mid-grade improvement on fantastic 7.   and those aren't even lou books [tho' i'm very fond of the joe books, as well].

here are the wonderworlds i'd like to post for sale in the market should nicer copies find their way to cajun country.

ww7.jpg

ww8.jpg

ww9.jpg

ww10.jpg

ww12.jpg

In that case, I hope you can upgrade so that I can see these for sale on the boards! :takeit:

Any boardie here the lucky seller of this later HTF issue of Mystery Men 27 which sold on CL in the Wednesday portion of their Featured Auction:  :luhv:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmystery%2Bmen%26ItemType%3DCB%26CGC%3DYES%26CBCS%3DYES%23Item_1455846&id=1455846&itemType=0

00276980870000113763945001.jpg

Sold for a very strong $8,099 final price, especially considering that the Church highest graded CGC 8.0 copy sold for just a bit more at $10.8K in a Heritage Auction only a few short months ago.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

6 minutes ago, mwotka said:

With Fox books getting ever more expensive, I have started picking up some pieces when I can.  But somehow I managed ti find a cover and insides (at least most of) for a Science Comics 6, each selling separately the same week on eBay and won both auctions.  What are the odds?!?  I think they married up pretty well, and the Joe Simon cover looks pretty sharp!

img173.jpg

That is awesome! Nice pick up Mike

On 3/3/2021 at 7:41 PM, Spyder! said:

Ok, I seriously need to slow down, but I couldn’t help myself on this one. 

4D0EE827-D36D-4E6D-BF5B-BCAC865E6959.jpeg

Classic cover another you will be happy about down the road (thumbsu