• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Here's one from the "where else but on ebay?" department -- a 1940 Argentinean comic that 'borrowed' the cover art from Weird Comics #4. Looks like the insides were a mishmash of DC stories, comic strip reprints and other stuff.

97719.jpg.989e8fccaf51adda2cf6a08284e3da7b.jpg

Scorching colors on that Science... one of my favorite Foxes! Nice grab. (thumbs u

If I may ask, why is that only an apparent 3.5? I can see the cover is married & there's other stuff going on on the label, but I would think the 'apparent' grade would be much higher.

thanks buddy; i can finally stop kicking myself for not grabbing yours. i just didn't know yet how hard it was.

That's one heck of an out-of-context quote if I've ever seen one. :eek::blush:

thanks buddy; i can finally stop kicking myself for not grabbing yours. i just didn't know yet how hard it was.

hee hee.

hee hee.

oh, that deserves far more than "hee hee"

Can't help but lovin' (and laugh'n ) the cover art for Science Comics #3 too. You would think that such higher forms of life that can be found on other planets would have Orthodontists, wouldn't you? Those characters are great too, with elephant ears and buck teeth. Ya gotta love Golden Age Comic Book art, there's nothing like it. I was also checking out jbcomicbox's Science #1. It's funny too, it's ingenious the way the girls boob is so gloriously pointy. I mean if any lady had such a pointy tit, she deserves to be in that predicament, at the mercy of the Hunchback and the evil scientist (with the phallic tattoo needle) at his cosmic tattoo parlor. Luckily the hero is about to step in and save, not the girl, but the two huge tanks of Nitrous Oxide tanks sitting there in the bottom right.

96766.jpg

Speaking of pointy boobs, check out the comparison image between Science Comics #1 and Brenda Starr #4. Well, I've tried to attach a jpg here. Sorry if it doesn't work (can't figure out the File Manager).

97915.jpg.3749c3c51c4e47b0c048475dbb47fcf7.jpg