• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,170 posts in this topic

FantasticComics875PinnacleHill.jpg

Interesting note about the glue. How did it avoid PLOD?

innumerable blue label "very minor amount" glue/c.t. g.a. books out there. sometimes a combo, and sometimes even with a third note, ala...

bb3.jpg

FantasticComics875PinnacleHill.jpg

Interesting note about the glue. How did it avoid PLOD?

innumerable blue label "very minor amount" glue/c.t. g.a. books out there. sometimes a combo, and sometimes even with a third note, ala...

bb3.jpg

I once had a CDNP #24 with a minor cover tear which, in my infinite wisdom. I decided to seal. I sold it and eventually bought another copy - but meanwhile, my old copy, easily identifiable because of the cover markings, turned up on a certain web site, CGC graded 6.0 - with no mention of the cover tear seal.

And it wasnt that hard to spot even with the naked eye.

(tsk)

These at least, are apparently free of such ambiguities of grading:

JoJO1180.jpg

jojo16.jpg

(Should have said that the Fantastic is my only early Fox issue!)

Edited by alanna

Has CGC given a reason as to why they did not receive a purple label? I mean - is there a reason some receive a purple label and others not?

Has CGC given a reason as to why they did not receive a purple label? I mean - is there a reason some receive a purple label and others not?

CGCLabel.jpg

"At the sole discretion of CGC, very minor color touch or glue may be assigned a marked and color coded Universal label, however a description of the detected restoration, in general or specific terms, will be disclosed."

full run jo-jo congo king, for your pleasure.

jojorun.jpg

love those Jo Jo books

I'm still missing a handful

now I know what to look forward to

congrats

figured that this fox book needed to be shown in the thread....anyone else have some Dagar's...pm me.

damn it, don't give me another title to go after.

I used to have all the Dagars but no longer. IMHO it is the most underrated Fox title.

The first few issues have outrageous gga by Edmund Good.

So I'm sorry but you simply have to have them!

:devil: