• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spec spidey 131 X 10 from Mile HIgh, lets see what happens

33 posts in this topic

Just thought I would do a little experiment here. A book that seems impossible to find in NM+ or better condition is spec spidey 131. I need it to complete my kraven saga run. I noticed Mile High was having a sale so I called em up and they said they had 38 copies of the book in NM condition. I told em I would take 10 copies. Order should be processed by the end of the week (they are backed up, imagine that!). So when I get em, we'll see how high grade they are and if any are worth sending in to cgc for a 9.8? I doubt it but you never know

hey havok,i bought about 25-30 books a while back when they had a sell mostly spidermans and other stuff from the early 80s and there are at least 3 mabey 4 that would grade 9.8. shocked.gifmost of the time they are around 9.0-9.2 but you never know you just might get lucky.i just wished they package a little better. good luck and let us know when you get them. robb

Yep, my experiences have been pretty negative as well but hey, Im giving them 10 chances for the same book. What is really going to be cool, or uncool, is to see the grade spread among all 10 of those 131's. Im predicting 1 NM/Mt, 2 NM+'s, 4 NMs and the rest falling somewhere between VF- and VF+

Yep, my experiences have been pretty negative as well but hey, Im giving them 10 chances for the same book. What is really going to be cool, or uncool, is to see the grade spread among all 10 of those 131's. Im predicting 1 NM/Mt, 2 NM+'s, 4 NMs and the rest falling somewhere between VF- and VF+

Considering how old these comics are (or aren't), you'll probably beat that estimate. Rozanski was buying buttloads of new comics during that time and I bet the comics you get (other than one or two) have never made it into collector's hands. Let us know if you get any that are VF-....

Jim

yes and no. The problems I had with MH was ASSUMING that he still had tons of unread comics from BA and up. I think the reality is that most of his stock now is the [!@#%^&^] he brags about buying by the box at each show he goes to nowadays.

Most of the books I received werent even re-bagged from when he bought them!! (Graded thru the bas obviously!) Just had those stuoopid NM/M stickers on them/.

we'll see, order placed at beginning of week, just talked to mhc today and they are just getting to my order, will ship friday. Ill let ya know when the slow moving ups guy hands me my package

My USPS Mailman does the same thing (knock, drop and run). I thought maybe it was a side effect from driving the car from the passenger seat? My UPS guy is a real nice guy who hides my packages behind the bushes near the front door instead of leaving them out in the open

Good luck with the Spidey/Kraven books, that was a great series!

dave h

Heh, it will be fun to hear from you when you receive these comics.

Bump (I am responding to this thread to bump it up, as I am trying to bury another annoying thread about comics that came out from a certain company that Joe C. adores ).

Bump (I am responding to this thread to bump it up, as I am trying to bury another annoying thread about comics that came out from a certain company that Joe C. adores ).

I'll drink to that. 893frustrated.gif

And just a P.S., it's not the company, but the blatantly speculative posts that get me. I feel like I'm on Wizard.com.

Bump. Hmmm, UPS delivery tracking says package was delivered to my house yesterday. Too bad I was home all day and they didn't even drive by. Too bad also that Im at work all day today and I will have to wait till i get home before I know whether or not the package was delivered or is lost!! How typical stooges.gif

**just an update: friday, got home from work that night and my wife said no package had been delivered. UPS tracking shows package was delivered thursday at 2:46 but no packages have been received. MHC is closed on weekends so I guess monday Ill ask them to put a tracer to find my books

Lesson: UPS sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man oh man, thank god for honesty. A lady showed up at our door today with my package. Our head UPS man had delivered the package to the wrong house!!!! She brought the books by unopened. We thanked her kindly. But the story gets worse. All 10 spidey books were VF to NM- at best. 5 had heavy dented corners, everyone of them had multiple spine stresses that cracked the color and not one is a 9.6 cgc candidate. LESSON: F*(k! Mile High Comics and this is my last avoidable transaction with UPS as well!!

Man oh man, thank god for honesty. A lady showed up at our door today with my package. Our head UPS man had delivered the package to the wrong house!!!! She brought the books by unopened. We thanked her kindly. But the story gets worse. All 10 spidey books were VF to NM- at best. 5 had heavy dented corners, everyone of them had multiple spine stresses that cracked the color and not one is a 9.6 cgc candidate. LESSON: F*(k! Mile High Comics and this is my last avoidable transaction with UPS as well!!

Can't you return them?...I got a big batch of books from Lonestar yesterday in the same condition and I'm going to send them back tomorrow....I hope.

J.D.

Can and will return friend. But this experiment with MHC is a failure. 10 comics none in NM/mt condition and none in NM condition. Sad but predictable confused.gif

Then its a lesson well learned for both of us....personally I'm tired of being a nice sap and keeping the crud that the big houses sell....I learned the hard way with MH..and the hard way with Lonestar....

J.D.