• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spec spidey 131 X 10 from Mile HIgh, lets see what happens

33 posts in this topic

Can and will return friend. But this experiment with MHC is a failure. 10 comics none in NM/mt condition and none in NM condition. Sad but predictable confused.gif

didn't you see my POLL? but if couse you placed the order before i started the thread. sorry you got jacked though, but they did except my return. smile.gif

I did note the poll supapimp but being a dreamer myself and having a liking for moderns,which are in and of themselves only collected by myslef because I like them not because they are doomed to depreciate on the most part(which as some on here would agree with. Therfore, I was trying to give MHC a chance one more time with 10 issues out of a 38 issue stock (confirmed). But yea, I knew the outcome ahead of time, just had a little extra $$, and a little less stooges.gif

if they confirmed that they had 38 copies, did they say that they would make an effort to pull the ten best for you? Or did they just say that they are too busy to attempt such 'personal' service and why bother since they are all NM anyway?

I never tried your specific test, but I did place a few large orders of BA and Modern books from MH. Out of a long box I picked out 44 books that were fclearly not NM/M (that was the only grade I ordered thinking they still had tons of unread NM stock.) A few actually had tape! Most were mangled folded and ripped here and there. None of the book sI bought seemed to even have been taken out of the soiled bags that they had been purchased in!

They took my returns, AND-- agreed with 60% of them!!!! But, in a letter from Chuck himself, he advised me that I was too "picky" for MH. I should seek other avenues to purchase the books I was interested in! 893frustrated.gif

But, in a letter from Chuck himself, he advised me that I was too "picky" for MH. I should seek other avenues to purchase the books I was interested in!

Thats pretty typical of Chuck, blame someone else for his own poor grading. How's that for customer service. insane.gif

Yea, everytime I call their warehouse I ask for Ron, he is the guy who pulls the comics and he gives me an overview of a few of them. He said he would pull the ten best. Perhaps some where NM/mt but after all ten were stuffed into a magazine size mylar before being put in the box, all had a badly dented corner. I knew MHC was bad but this is the worse Ive seen it

MHC doesn't cater to collectors who look over their comics with a magnifying glass. They prefer the other 98% of collectors who aren't as picky. This isn't Burger Comics - you can't have it "your way". grin.gif

sorry about that havok,thats pretty bad when you cant even get one out of ten to grade 9.6 confused.gifyou ought to see if lighthouse has any nice copies he would sell too ya.im sure he grades A LOT better than milehigh. wink.gif

I never tried your specific test, but I did place a few large orders of BA and Modern books from MH. Out of a long box I picked out 44 books that were fclearly not NM/M (that was the only grade I ordered thinking they still had tons of unread NM stock.) A few actually had tape! Most were mangled folded and ripped here and there. None of the book sI bought seemed to even have been taken out of the soiled bags that they had been purchased in!

They took my returns, AND-- agreed with 60% of them!!!! But, in a letter from Chuck himself, he advised me that I was too "picky" for MH. I should seek other avenues to purchase the books I was interested in!

Too 'picky' for Mile High! All of this really grinds me. I just spent the dinner hour tonight reading TFTD from CBG 1539 and 1540. In this column, Chuck opines that he can grade as well or better than his peers. He goes on to state that the new VF/NM column in the guide is there due to the influence of CGC and its supporters. After all, Chuck states, he himself couldn't reliably be expected to grade books into VF, VF/NM, and NM as opposed to only VF and NM. tongue.gif

Can you scan the letter? Does Chuck think there are books above NM/M? Does he understand what NM/M means? If you're going to call books NM/M, expect picky collectors to come calling.