• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Stevens rocks!

15 posts in this topic

Yeah, he does rock.. but on those Vanguard #2s.... RJ has like a million of them, so I'd be careful about paying too much. He even had a 10.0 at one point.

Dave Stevens rocks because he still hangs out with Betty Page, and NOBODY else knows who she even is today!

Here is Bettie. She is a real gem. As far as I know she is retired and living in Florida.

Bettie

Yep. Living incognito.

Do you suppose we will ever see "current" pictures of her? Even posthumously?

Dave Stevens rocks because he still hangs out with Betty Page, and NOBODY else knows who she even is today!

Here is Bettie. She is a real gem. As far as I know she is retired and living in Florida.

Bettie

Yep. Living incognito.

I don't know. There was a pretty interesting documentary on her a few years back. She even spoke a bit (as a voiceover) about her memories of the old days. But I doubt there will be pictures. Those who even know how to find her are very close to her and quite protective.

Bettie

Yep. Living incognito.

I don't know. There was a pretty interesting documentary on her a few years back. She even spoke a bit (as a voiceover) about her memories of the old days. But I doubt there will be pictures. Those who even know how to find her are very close to her and quite protective.

I wonder if she's had a name change. Otherwise she'd be easy to find, right?

I heard that she was completely unaware that she was still a phenonenon until Dave took her into a comics store and she saw displays of her.

Bettie

Thanks for the link POV. Really interesting stuff. It was certainly nice to take a break from the current resto threads. 893whatthe.gif

I heard that she was completely unaware that she was still a phenonenon until Dave took her into a comics store and she saw displays of her.

She had absolutely no clue that people not only remembered her but were using her name and images with no compensation to her. The funny thing is, she said she looked back on those days as "just having a lot of fun". There was no real sexualityto her. Just fun posing. And if you look at her face she really does look like she is just having fun.

She has an amazing look. She has one slightly "droopy" eyelid that gives has a combination "come hither" "girl next door" thing going on. She was, by far, the most popular pinup in the history of pinups.