• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Dropped Titles" Thread

73 posts in this topic

Dropped/dropping:

Ms Marvel

Moon Knight (could any title with so much promise be more disappointing?)

Squadron Supreme (not the same since the move from MK)

City of Heroes (dropped the game, now a WoW fan)

Wolverine Origins

Bubble:

Flash

Conan (love this title, but really thinking of buying in TPB only)

By the way, nice thread you started here Hobby! thumbsup2.gif

I purchased Moonknight 1 and 2. Passed on 3 today.

Dropped

*Hulk - guess I'm one of the few who didn't like Planet Hulk

*Wolverine, regular series - Last issue sucked worse than the average suckie comic normally does.

*Iron Man - current writers/editors are following the trend that all technology is a bore and that businesmen are naturally corrupt insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...OH, for the days of Micheline & Layton.

*Battle for Bludhaven - ????what's going on, made no sense, dropped

On the bubble

*Moon Knight - Issue #3 was the first interesting story. I recommend it, and will give this title a bit longer to see if it continues...first two issues were bad though.

*New Avengers - weak stuff lately, if the point was to show them as disfunctional..well that could have been shown in 6 issues or less not 21!!!!

I just made a major change. I spent well over $100 this past month on new comics, and I cannot do that anymore, so I am now down to just 15 regular titles, and may be looking to drop more.

Here are the only monthly titles I'll be reading from here on out .....

All Star Superman

Amazing Spider-Man

Batman

Captain America

Flash

Green Lantern

New Avengers

Supergirl

Superman/Batman

Ultimate FF

Ultimate Spidey

Ultimate X-Men

Ultimates

Wolverine

X-Men

I've cut a lot of fairly new Marvel titles, including Marvel Knights/Sensational Spider-Man, which is a tough drop for me due to having read the entire series up to this point, but I'm gonna try to limit the number of titles of each character.

So recently dropped titles include:

All Star Batman & Robin

Astonishing X-Men

FN Spider-Man

Moon Knight

Ms. Marvel

Sensational Spider-Man

Wolverine: Origins

etc....

I purchased Moonknight 1 and 2. Passed on 3 today. Hawkgirl may or may not get dropped. I stopped buying Hawkman about issue 45 then started with Hawkgirl at issue 50.

I do have the first issue or two of quite a few minis. I'm going through my boxes this weekend to thin the herd a bit. Anyone interested in Howard the Duck or the recent Teen Titans series?

What Teen Titans issues do you have for sale? A 1st Print #1?

Pat

Actually, I think Moon Knight got better in 3. 1 and 2 were okay, but 3 raised the bar, so I'm still going to pull that one. And I really like Finch's style.... thumbsup2.gif

Art is fantastic; but I need more than something pretty to look at. I gotta have substance too. I don't know, I may have to read until the Taskmaster comes in and see how that goes.

I just made a major change. I spent well over $100 this past month on new comics, and I cannot do that anymore, so I am now down to just 15 regular titles, and may be looking to drop more.

All Star Superman

Amazing Spider-Man

Batman

Captain America

Flash

Green Lantern

New Avengers

Supergirl

Superman/Batman

Ultimate FF

Ultimate Spidey

Ultimate X-Men

Ultimates

Wolverine

X-Men

I've cut a lot of fairly new Marvel titles, including Marvel Knights/Sensational Spider-Man, which is a tough drop for me due to having read the entire series up to this point, but I'm gonna try to limit the number of titles of each character.

All Star Batman & Robin

Astonishing X-Men

FN Spider-Man

Moon Knight

Ms. Marvel

Sensational Spider-Man

etc....

Hobby, you get Daredevil on that list NOW 893naughty-thumb.gifhi.gif

I thought Marvel mentioned that Ms. Marvel was going to be a bigger character in the Marvel Universe. That book has been horrible since Day 1.

I'd love it if Marvel had a title culling some time soon. Worked great in the late 90's.

Pat

All Star Superman

Amazing Spider-Man

Batman

Captain America

Flash

Green Lantern

New Avengers

Supergirl

Superman/Batman

Ultimate FF

Ultimate Spidey

Ultimate X-Men

Ultimates

Wolverine

X-Men

All Star Batman & Robin

Astonishing X-Men

FN Spider-Man

Moon Knight

Ms. Marvel

Sensational Spider-Man

etc....

Hobby, you get Daredevil on that list NOW 893naughty-thumb.gifhi.gif

I have been reading DD actually. Haven't read the lastest issue yet. The only reason I have left it off my list is because I only have a very short run. And I think Brubaker has done a better job with Cap. DD has been good though, and that'll be a tough call.

Noticing the AS books, Batman and Robin are being dropped and either fewer people are reading or it is good enough to hold interest, but Superman is not being dropped.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The only thing that could make All Star Batman and Robin suck worse than it is already is if DC hired Frank Robbins to draw the thing.

I thought Marvel mentioned that Ms. Marvel was going to be a bigger character in the Marvel Universe. That book has been horrible since Day 1.

I'd love it if Marvel had a title culling some time soon. Worked great in the late 90's.

Pat

yeah, was anyone really calling for a Ms. Marvel series...... confused-smiley-013.gif

Honestly, if Ms Marvel was done well, I'd be interested. I thought they were going to try and replicate Power Girl's (or SuperGirl) interest. Not a strong way to start. It's largely due to a poor creative team. If they really wanted her as a powerhouse book, they'd have allocated a great creative team. Similar to Supergirl. Additionally, the stories haven't had any significance.

Pat

I recently dropped a tonne of books all because I had to reread the previous issue. If I can't remember what happened the month before ... what's the point? Indicates very forgetable writting.

Getting a little tired of all the late books too. All Star Batman is a prime example. I also promised to give the Aquaman OYL book 6 issues but that seems stupid given how infrequent it is being released.

And I stopped quite a few minis before they were done. Like Sgt Rock. As was stated in a different thread, I'll be switching to TPBs for my mini fix.

So ... on the bubble;

New Avengers - might wait for the new line up before passing judgement

Warlord - just too hard to make out any features on the characters with Sears' heavy inks.

All Star Batman and Robin - this was supposed to me a monthly? Maybe the ride in the Batmobile wouldn't have felt so long if the book came out on time?

Aquaman - see above

Young Avengers - Marvel is doing me a favour by ending "season 1". I doubt I'll be around for the next arc.

I gotta make room in my budget for;

The Boys - Wildstorm

Deadman - Vertigo Comics

Justice League of America - DC Comics

Mystery in Space - DC Comics (wait for the TPB?)

Seven Soldiers - DC Comics (this series is still coming out right?)

Trials of Shazam! - DC Comics

Ubie X

Been wondering when that Seven Soldiers book end was coming out. I didn't realize a regular series was spawning from it though. Guess it only makes sense for the big build up. That means Zatanna is either not on the new JLA or is dead (first guess).

Pat

Been wondering when that Seven Soldiers book end was coming out. I didn't realize a regular series was spawning from it though. Guess it only makes sense for the big build up. That means Zatanna is either not on the new JLA or is dead (first guess).

Pat

well, a new male Zatanna is going to be in Teen Titans 39. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is it me, or has the quality of comics dropped in the past couple of weeks??? I mean the quality of writing?? I swear everyone's busy enjoying the summer, they don't have time to write good stuff