• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quite possibly perfect . . . Fantastic Four #149

28 posts in this topic

hi.gif I'll give it a 9.0 based on some small stress lines, tiny crease in the center near the spine in the black, small color fleck in the upper right and a slightly blunted corner on the bottom right.

hi.gif I'll give it a 9.0 based on some small stress lines, tiny crease in the center near the spine in the black, small color fleck in the upper right and a slightly blunted corner on the bottom right.

hi.gifhi.gif

Dear CD - the color "fleck" was actually some lint on the scanner, "crease"? frustrated.gif, and yes, the LRFC is ever-so-slightly blunted, the "extent" of which is visible from BC . . .

Please pack all of your "9.0's" up into a tidy little box, and ship them out to me . . . I will gladly pay double-Guide for them 27_laughing.gif

sumo.gif

Maybe a 9.8...definetly nosebleed roll the die CGC territory...

From a man who "knows" what these books looked like on the rack when they were sold sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

I think 9.2/9.4. The stress mark on the spine and the blunting of the lower right corner.

I had a book that looked 9.6 from the front and had a slightly blunted upper left corner on the back and it received a 9.4 from CGC.

9.4/9.4. Couple of tiny, tiny stress marks and a little softness on the corners.

9.0 or 9.2? 27_laughing.gif Come on now....a few microscopic defects don't knock it down THAT far.

hi.gifhi.gif

Dear CD - the color "fleck" was actually some lint on the scanner, "crease"? frustrated.gif, and yes, the LRFC is ever-so-slightly blunted, the "extent" of which is visible from BC . . .

Please pack all of your "9.0's" up into a tidy little box, and ship them out to me . . . I will gladly pay double-Guide for them 27_laughing.gif

sumo.gif

Now David, don't get mad. Maybe I was a little hard on the book. Will it be sent to CGC? If so, I would be interested in seeing the grade. flowerred.gif

hi.gifhi.gif

sumo.gif

Now David, don't get mad. Maybe I was a little hard on the book. Will it be sent to CGC? If so, I would be interested in seeing the grade. flowerred.gif

CD,

I never get mad - just havin' fun . . . flowerred.gifhi.gif

Doubtful, I only slab keys to sell . . . wink.gif

-d

agree, quite a few spine stresses to grade higher, plus it's a small scan which hides the problems well.