• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 9.6 SLIGHT (P)

6 posts in this topic

Well first off this is a gorgeous book PLOD or not.....No clue why any resto was performed on it besides pure greed?? Had to be a 9.0 or better prior to resto, depending on what the "piece" added was don't ya think?

Any feedback on what this will go for...

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/auctions/photo.asp?id=807128001&lot_id=128001&SID=DE56708217F84A518527D544A30610A7

I'll call cgc and get the grader notes on it this week before I make my semi "educated" guess and post them here.

Looks like the heavier hitting books are coming out , as the auction preview inventory is growing daily.

Lots of dupes in high grade....3 ASM 15 9.4'S(one is a duplicate listing I hope)???? 2 ASM 16 9.4'S????

Huh?

Nicest AF 15 I have seen anyway..... Opinions?

M

Well, we can all look forward to Heritage killing the market for ASM 15 now if there's truly 3. Thanks again fellas! While I enjoy the books you offer, it certainly seems you have no qualms with saturating the market with certain issues.

As for the book, If that had a tear seal on it, it probably was lower than a 9.0 ? Can any of the restoration be removed?

Brian

Murph,

First off, you gotta' believe that with an in-house restoration expert, if the book could be made more valuable by removing the additives that make this comic appear to be a 9.6, it would of been done already.

There is another side of the coin to this way of thinking on the idea that I just stated. Possibly, the comic may be won by someone in-house that has already received the verdict from their resto expert that it may behoove this employee to win it up to a certain price because it can be removed and thus rendered more valuable without sacrificing overall appearance to a major extent, and may very well show up in some future Heritage auction consigned by a different owner as a Universal 8.0 or 8.5, much like that Marvel Mystery 5.

Who can guess what business workings take place behind closed doors and Heritage is in business to make money, they're good at it, they're intelligent, and their rules allow inside bidding. So, my educated guess on the question of can it be won at a certain level, have the resto removed, sold at a higher level, though grading lower (Universal), and realize a profit to make it all worthwhile?

50/50...pick 'em.

Now from reading the label on the procedures performed, my best educated guess would be that it would be best to leave it alone. Pieces and tear seals. Could be a losing proposition in removal.