• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A funny comment on comicartfans.com

40 posts in this topic

Since I don't collect original art (but have a few pieces), and don't get into the "gotta have it mode"...I see this guy as one of those collectors that misses out on a lot of nice pieces, but feels the need to comment that he "had a shot" to make himself feel better.

Probably has a nice collection, but it doesn't matter, as no one would want to be in the room long enough for him to show it to them.

Kudos to all the great original art collectors willing to share their collections.

Great stuff.

There's plenty of artwork out there that I'm completely indifferent about, but I wouldn't bother wasting my time leaving comments talking about it. There are some lights out pieces by my favorite artists on CAF, but I only have awe for those pieces, not a desire to knock the owners. That guy is a childish [embarrassing lack of self control].

Eric Delos Santos

Sorry, this guy is an absolute tosser. His comments make me cringe, and i hope no-one is ever so rude on my gallery.

His collection needs to be a hell of a lot better to back up the arrogance.

Anyone see this? It's posted at the top of his gallery. Apparently he likes to randomly discuss his collection (and the rampant appreciation of said collection) with his "fans"...

"(March 24, 2006) WOW, has it really been a year already? Unbelievable! Well, on this my one year anniversary, I just wanted to update my THANK YOU section for a "FEW" special people. First of all, HUGE thanks to Bill Cox for this fantastic site. Pay attention boys and girls! You are witnessing history in the making here. Bill is single handedly changing the face of this entire hobby. The guy is just full of great ideas and he's not going to stop until he makes them all happen. I for one can't wait to see what he'll come up with next! Last but not least, my thanks to everyone responsible for the 352 COMMENTS and, more importantly, the staggering 106,391 VIEWS (not bad for my first year). I really do appreciate your time and support. See ya next year!"

Yes, that's right, he actually bothered to count them all. How conceited.

His collection needs to be a hell of a lot better to back up the arrogance.

No collection in the world could justify this kind of arrogance. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Does anyone on these boards know him? If so, could they tell him that the general consensus in this thread is that he's a T.W.A.T.!

I used to get angry at these kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, but then I met a couple of people like this and my viewpoint changed.

Trust me, this guy is probably mildly retarded or has some developmental issue, and he uses his "comic art collection" to communicate and flex his ego the only way he can. I doubt he even comprehends what he is saying is so reprehensible to "normal people", as his brain operates on a totally different wavelength.

I bet he's sitting at home, in a wheelchair, his mother has just brought in his latest "art purchase" (which she bought, since it makes him so happy), and now he's madly typing more gibberish on his laptop.

Hi Guys:

Getting to this thread late due to going to Heroes:

I met Eric at SDCC last year and I have to say that he was a very nice and friendly guy and definitely did NOT appear arrogant nor conceited to me. Since then I've traded emails with him periodically and again I've seen none of the negative attitude that has been attributed to him by the posters. He does leave a lot of comments on CAF but until this thread I never noticed anything negative in the comments he has left. I can't speak to the comments people find objectionable and I admit some may be read in a less than positive manner if you choose. I just wanted to say that the guy I met in person is not the bad guy people are saying from his CAF comments.

Lambert

Trust me, this guy is probably mildly retarded or has some developmental issue, and he uses his "comic art collection" to communicate and flex his ego the only way he can.

I can think of at least 1 or 2 other people who fit this description. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

just wanted to say that the guy I met in person is not the bad guy people are saying from his CAF comments.

Lambert

Hey Lamb....

I have to agree that the email exchanges I have had with Eric have always been positive. It was not until a comment he left on Kelvin Mao's Adams Longshot piece that I started to notice the more back-handed compliments he was leaving. Some of them are indeed nasty, most are just not appreciated by the owners..I am sure.

It is inexplicable how different people come off in person, on email, and in comments on CAF.

Chris

Hi Guys:

Getting to this thread late due to going to Heroes:

I met Eric at SDCC last year and I have to say that he was a very nice and friendly guy and definitely did NOT appear arrogant nor conceited to me. Since then I've traded emails with him periodically and again I've seen none of the negative attitude that has been attributed to him by the posters. He does leave a lot of comments on CAF but until this thread I never noticed anything negative in the comments he has left. I can't speak to the comments people find objectionable and I admit some may be read in a less than positive manner if you choose. I just wanted to say that the guy I met in person is not the bad guy people are saying from his CAF comments.

Lambert

I agree with Lambert. I've had many email exchanges with Eric and I don't see what people are talking about here. He's actually very humble in his emails , saying that if he hadn't gotten into the hobby when he did he wouldn't anywhere near where he is , in terms of his collection. He doesn't state that he makes a GREAT living and enables him to have this massive collection filled with examples from these popular artists. He actually says that it's hard for him to keep getting new stuff and that most of his stuff was bought before the big swing in the market. Not exactly the rantings of an ego maniac. When he makes comments like " I passed on that piece" or "I used to own this piece", it's not about bragging or saying that it's a subpar piece, so he's passed on it....it's more of a remorse that he let something go that maybe he should have taken the plunge. That's what I've read into his comments....

When he makes comments like " I passed on that piece" or "I used to own this piece", it's not about bragging or saying that it's a subpar piece, so he's passed on it....it's more of a remorse that he let something go that maybe he should have taken the plunge. That's what I've read into his comments....

Then you need to learn how to read.

Hundreds of people may have "passed on that piece" but he's the only person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point stating it online.

Ever wonder why?

sounds like a richard to me. He's just trying to degrade someones art because he didn't buy it or sold it too cheap.

Then you need to learn how to read.

Don't try and bait me with this retarded statement.

Hey, you're making excuses for a semi-retarded nerd-boy with ego issues, and if you *truly* believe none of his comments were mean-spirited, I think my statement has merit.