• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Small tears?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone had a book graded by CGC with a small (1/8") tear on the back cover? I've never had one, and the book is otherwise flawless.. I got it cheap enough that I don't really care but I was curious as to what would happen if it was CGC'd since I need to use these coupons. :\

Brian

Got a real nice Savage Tales 1 with a similar tear on the front cover 1/4 way down to the right side. Without it I'm sure it's in a round an 8.5 - 9.0. Anybody know how the tear effects this one?

Sorry Murph0, maybe just a bit 893offtopic1.gif?

But I was kinda wondering.

closest I have is a tiny chip off the back cover....was a silver age book and I got a 9.2...the rest was flawless....I sent it back for a regrade..should be back in a day or two.

Jonny D.

Anyone had a book graded by CGC with a small (1/8") tear on the back cover? I've never had one, and the book is otherwise flawless.. I got it cheap enough that I don't really care but I was curious as to what would happen if it was CGC'd since I need to use these coupons. :\

Brian

I had Marvel Family 11 that was probably a 9.0 except for a 1/4" tear on the back cover... came back 8.5.

On silver, I have had a few books with tears that size and they don't really seem to affect the grade on 8.5-9.0, but you're looking at a good hit in 9.4 or better...

I wish I had kept the scan... but there was a 9.4 on eBay about 7 months ago with a full 1/4" tear on the back cover... the book was freaking gorgeous otherwise though...