• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this X-Men #19!

23 posts in this topic

Help is much appreciated in fine-tuning the grade on this one! Beautiful sharp book, crisp edges/spine and excellent gloss. Small color flake LRC (just on the surface; no paper missing); minor spine wear visible along Cyclops; small spot at top of back cover. Thanks in advance!

xmen19.jpg

xmen19back.jpg

Jon,

I'm thinkin' 8.5 due to the VL spine creasing, small stain (looks like faint distributor's ink) and corner color fleck . . . how's the PQ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Date Stamp is about as unobtrusive as you can get, and actually adds to the book imho.

-D

hi.gif

Let's see... Pages are quite nice...I'd say offwhite. There's a touch of yellowing to the cover, but nothing too bad. How about that spot on the back...dock anything for that?

small stain (looks like faint distributor's ink)

Just saw this edit...you know, I thought about suggesting the same thing, but figured I should go conservative and assume it's a defect. Hmmm...now that I think about it, I think you may be right, as a few other books in this collection have more prominent distributors' ink in the same spot. thumbsup2.gif

looks like a nice 9.0 to me. the stain doesn't detract from the eye appeal to me. i also think the stamp adds to the book's interest. i don't believe it could be in a less obtrusive spot on the FC.

what's going on in the word "worse" at the bottom? is that a printer crease, or printer roll mark or what?

looks like a nice 9.0 to me. the stain doesn't detract from the eye appeal to me. i also think the stamp adds to the book's interest. i don't believe it could be in a less obtrusive spot on the FC.

what's going on in the word "worse" at the bottom? is that a printer crease, or printer roll mark or what?

Ahem, there are 5 color-breaking spine creases 1/8" or longer, yet you don't hesitate to give this book a 9.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

Uh, sorry Jon . . . just taking it out on Sal . . . grin.gif

Ahem, there are 5 color-breaking spine creases 1/8" or longer, yet you don't hesitate to give this book a 9.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

if it was your book, you'd be arguing for a 9.2!

poke2.gif

I think David is actually right.... 893whatthe.gif ...in hand, the light spine cracks alone would hold the grade to an 8.5. I wasn't sure if the corner flake was allowable in this grade, but sounds like folks seem to think it is, which is great.

Many thanks for the help, guys!

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

And you'd be giving me an 8.0 27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

I think David is actually right.... 893whatthe.gif ...in hand, the light spine cracks alone would hold the grade to an 8.5. I wasn't sure if the corner flake was allowable in this grade, but sounds like folks seem to think it is, which is great.

Many thanks for the help, guys!

I expect my finders fee soon! poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

acclaim.gif

and you'd be asking for 1.5x guide!

a-HA!

flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

acclaim.gif

and you'd be asking for 1.5x guide!

a-HA!

flowerred.gif

The pretty girl was home alone on Saturday night . . . why? Because everyone was too afraid to ask her out . . . acclaim.gifflowerred.gif