• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh MAN! Who here is reading Marvel's "The End" mini?

20 posts in this topic

Cuz I just got the advance copy of #6 and I cannot freaking believe what Starlin did...

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone... but geez...

I never saw that one coming...

Cuz I just got the advance copy of #6 and I cannot freaking believe what Starlin did...

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone... but geez...

I never saw that one coming...

Dammit, 'House... is that series worth reading after all? I read #1 and almost wrote off new comics forever. 893frustrated.gif

Yes... along with Kingpin 1, Punisher, Captain America, X-Men Ronin... and some other titles I didn't get advance copies of...

I've been picking up each issue and kinda skimming through, expecting to totally lose interest evenetually....but I keep following the story. Not too bad so far. Now Im curious what happens next!

Yes... along with Kingpin 1, Punisher, Captain America, X-Men Ronin... and some other titles I didn't get advance copies of...

Good books next week - UxM 34 has first in new story arc with wolvie and psidey on the cover, by David Finch (Top Cow Artist on early Tomb Raider and Witchblade)

TMNT # 1 Animated - these usually don't do well - look at X-MEN: EVOLUTION

New Punisher story arc with Ennis on it just beginning...

Hulk 55 - quarter comics; Crushere Creel is back and new story arc

Mary Jane HC - prose novel by Marvel - interest piqued...

DArk Days # 1 - 30 Days of Night sequel starts this week

I've been really enjoying the series, it has had some great twists and turns.

Then again, I'm a HUGE Starlin fan and I usually pick up whatever he's working on, especially if it's Thanos-related. I'm happy to hear that sales on The End have been so strong (each issue has placed higher than the previous issue on the Diamond 300) that they've decided to launch a Thanos ongoing in October.

The other great thing about the success of the End is that it is by an established writer/artist who has been active in this industry for over 30 years. Marvel hasn't really been active in promoting and packaging work by established creators, they usually end up working for DC or retiring.

Shameless plug - I'm also happy to say that Mr. Starlin is coming to our convention in Toronto this coming November.

Kev

I've been reading this series... I enjoyed the infinity gauntlet (but not war or crusade really)... I love all the starlin cosmic series... but now my interest is really up... I want to see what's going to happen. Thanks lighthouse!

New Punisher story arc with Ennis on it just beginning...

Quote from that issue:

"Also, I may be a fairy, but I'm a white fairy. That's an enormous advantage right there."

Proving that Ennis hasn't lost his touch, that statement is made by the local sheriff... smile.gif

Issue also includes the best response I have ever read to the question, "You're gay?"

Lighthouse...I just read the last issue of THE END in my usual store.

But I dont get what the big fuss is? I wont spoil it here, but I cant figure how it stands out in any way from "Marvel multi-crossover business as usual." Unless you mean when Tony Stark and Franklin Richards go off hand in hand into Thanos house at the 'End' and the titles sick pun becomes a reality????

Well, if you're familiar with Marvel continuity, you know that the scene with Spider-Man lip-locking Daredevil is the culmination of two decades of flirting and sideways glances... most of which DD missed... being blind and all...

Book doesn't actually come out until Wednesday... so I am not going to spoil it...

Just because a couple of us have read preview copies doesn't mean the world is ready for the "kiss heard round the world" between Tony Stark and Franklin Richards...