• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

Dan, I don't personally have any problem with your (and Mark's) Western Missouri thread, whether it is technically against the current rules or not (which is the problem and the reason your thread got hijacked). I guess that is obvious from my post. I think it is very unfortunate what has happened to that thread because of some uncertainty about what is/should be allowed in this forum. That's why I want the rules to be cleared up ASAP, because the confusion is just causing problems now.

The rules you laid out above are perfectly fine with me, which is why I followed them.

Interesting comments, from the same thread.

The first one is esquire cackling to Donut about how much cash they'll make reselling the books, while the latter plays that same "I'm the Mother Teresa of the CGC forums, giving away comics to underprivileged board members" angle. 27_laughing.gif

Sad indeed. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Fortunately you'll laugh all the way to the bank.

The threads were created for the benefit of the community, and individuals ruined it. Sad.

Chrom had a great suggestion earlier that the marketplace forums be divided into a "Direct Sales" and "Indirect Sales", irregardless of the seller's dealer/collector/forum member/investor sub-categorization.

The last thing we need is a bazillion rules and pages of fine print micro-managing every conceivable slight that someone might feel from someone else's posting style... screwy.gif

Please participate in my "Forum Marketplace Realignment" poll to help come to a concensus on the type of change needed (if any).

The threads were created for the benefit of the community, and individuals ruined it. Sad.

Yup, the Borg collective community would be much better if it didn't consist of all those pesky "individuals" that like to think for themselves.

• Administrator
Do we have to say, "We told you so." ???tongue.gif

Nope, you were definitely right on this one. Once the dealers are in, they just trample the most basic rules, start listing books for sale on Dealer websites, push customers towards their site, and basically make the whole "forum split" a joke.

And CGC does nothing. foreheadslap.gif

They're not trampling any explicit rules. Yet. They're trampling a suggested guideline that has yet to be codified. I don't view this as a big deal.

I would provide your input and make a concerted effort not to get too animated about it. It will get resolved and it's likely (although not certain) that life will go on.

They're not trampling any explicit rules.

Well what are these, then? Esquire trampled all over them, by using an offline dealer site as the conduit for his sales:

Please respect the NEW definition of the appropriate place to put up YOUR type of selling or buying posts for all posts going forward. Posts that are in the wrong place will simply be removed without comment.

Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling

A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts.

Comics Market - Ebay, Retailers, Dealers

A message board for the purpose advertising comics for sale via ebay, or from dealers or retailers. No anonymous posting is allowed. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction.

Do we have to say, "We told you so." ???tongue.gif

Nope, you were definitely right on this one. Once the dealers are in, they just trample the most basic rules, start listing books for sale on Dealer websites, push customers towards their site, and basically make the whole "forum split" a joke.

And CGC does nothing. foreheadslap.gif

They're not trampling any explicit rules. Yet. They're trampling a suggested guideline that has yet to be codified. I don't view this as a big deal.

I would provide your input and make a concerted effort not to get too animated about it. It will get resolved and it's likely (although not certain) that life will go on.

So, all JC and Divad had to do was to check with Arch to see if I was violating any rules - which if it had happened was inadvertent because I quite candidly had not read through this thread, I merely followed what I believed were the guidelines - and they would have found out that everything was ok.

Instead of maturely contacting me and/or Arch/CGC they went on the attack. So I pulled all the sales info about the collection, haven't posted any books and the forumites who had first shot at the books lost out.

Nice job guys! You are to be commended for your diligent policework! 893applaud-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

So I pulled all the sales info about the collection, haven't posted any books and the forumites who had first shot at the books lost out.

You should get a STRIKE just for posting this childish "I took my ball and ran home crying" gibberish 200 times in a row.

Seriously, are you 6 years old?

So I pulled all the sales info about the collection, haven't posted any books and the forumites who had first shot at the books lost out.

You should get a STRIKE just for posting this childish gibberish 200 times in a row.

Seriously, are you 6 years old?

sign-funnypost.gifhi.gif

So, all JC and Divad had to do was to check with Arch to see if I was violating any rules - which if it had happened was inadvertent because I quite candidly had not read through this thread, I merely followed what I believed were the guidelines - and they would have found out that everything was ok.

Instead of maturely contacting me and/or Arch/CGC they went on the attack. So I pulled all the sales info about the collection, haven't posted any books and the forumites who had first shot at the books lost out.

Nice job guys! You are to be commended for your diligent policework! 893applaud-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

Mark,

You are entirely wrong. I doubt you have read 10 posts in this thread. I have been in contact with Arch since these shenanigans by dealers in the "forum only marketplace" have started. You know nothing of my activities. Until last week, I counted you as one of the dealers who understood the distinction and was both intelligent and respectful enough to respect it. Apparently I was wrong to make that assumption.

I don't need to contact you. What you did was blatantly against the standing rules of this forum, and you were aware of this. Why would I bother contacting you? I am not the CGC Board Police.

Clark Cable foreheadslap.gif

Your posts speak for themselves. Don't take the high road, because you already shut the door. yeahok.gif