• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Drawers

15 posts in this topic

never saw those before, my collection's nowhere near big enough to justify buying those, but unless they're a lot more expensive, seems like a good idea instead of long boxes.

I think the biggest drawback for us on the east coast is the shipping. I was talking to the owner of my LCS about them and he said it was too expensive to ship them.

Yeah, they charge 21.00 for shipping east of the Mississippi River; so that of course affects me as well. But its still around $16 for everyone else.

My only problem is that you have to order them in sets of 5, which run about $45, so you're talking $65 shipped. I really need about 6 of them, but don't want to buy 10, which is what I'd have to do.

I seen an ad in CBG they look more secure than regular boxes.

Apparently, you can stack 6 full boxes on top of each other, and completely open the very bottom drawer without worrying about a collapse.

I think I saw those in the window at Jim Hanley's Universe. Maybe I need to check that out.

They have them at Hanleys in 33st..Never noticed I go there about once a month just to see what they have,dont like the store too much, if so I got to go get one.

They do have them in retail stores around the country in an attempt to mitigate the cost of shipping.

Stores in my area sell them for $12 each which is a bit pricey if you compare them to regular long boxes. However, they DO save on space and they will allow you to stack them higher than you would normal long boxes. If you have a lot of comics, it's definitely worth it since you can pull a drawer out without having to move a lot of other long boxes.

I bought mine by the pallet to try and save on shipping.

The boxes are strong enough for a 200 pound person to stand on them (on the corners) without buckling.

I partnered with them at the San Diego Comic-Con so I'm pretty familiar with the product. Rich, the owner of CollectionDrawer.com is also available to answer questions.. Just give him a call or send him an email.

They'll have a booth at WizardWorld Chicago in a couple of weeks. If you're going there, definitely check it out.

They'll have a booth at WizardWorld Chicago in a couple of weeks. If you're going there, definitely check it out.

I wonder if I can convince finecomics to take a few home for me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I saw these in an advertisement in Wizard mag. They also some folder like thing to put comics in. You place it in, then close the cover over it like a book. Crazy.