• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #2 is still smoking HOT!!
1 1

58 posts in this topic

Oh I completely disagree. I think given the specifics of my point, its a VERY solid analogy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't make me burst out laughing, YOU'RE comparing AF#15 to Albedo# 2??? 27_laughing.gif

dude, come on now, there are like, 4 Albedo fans, and I'm sure they all post here. makepoint.gif

talk about SEVERELY bad anologies screwy.gif

No.... the point is they are both the first appearance of the character in question. I thought that was abundantly clear gossip.gif

Obviously spidey is on a million times larger scale in terms of fan following than usagi is, that's not the point I was making. What I was saying is that they are both the first appearance, ie. if you're into those two characters, those are the two books to have. Nobody gives a damn about plat spidey 1, spidey collectors included makepoint.gif

Sorry, that last post got cut off. but essentially, i was comparing Platinum Spider-Man# 1 and its 10,000 print run classified as "rare" against # of spidey collectors/fans.

and vice versa for Albedo# 2...claiming that its "proported" 2,000 print run, is most likely LESS "rare" given the fan base.

essentially 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Absolutely no comparison between a Platinum Spidey #1 and an Albedo #2.

The Spidey #1 is nothing more than a manufactured collectible designed and hyped to give the false impression that it was truly a rare one-of-a-kind item. As a result, when it first came out, dealers were already asking $1K for the book. Had nowhere else to go but down as collectors eventually wised up and realized there were absolute thousands of pure HG copies out there.

Albedo #2 is completely different in that it came out as a low print comic book and has gained increasing popularity over a extended period of time. This has resulted in a hard-to-find much in demand comic book that has nowhere to go but up.

Bottom-line:

Platinum Spidey #1 - Supply exceeds demand drving prices down (overvalued in guide)

Albedo #2 - Demand exceeds supply driving prices up (extremely undervalued in guide)

I STILL don't understand, why anyone cares about this book yeahok.gif

Sorry, but it's just...odd confused-smiley-013.gif

propaganda, and hype...at its finest, perhaps?

Good story + good art + scarce + niche market = high prices. I got $875 for my 8.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

Congrats! btw 893applaud-thumb.gif

I remember an order from New England Comics back in the 80's where they chunked in a 'Usagi Yojimbo' #1 and a 'Boris the Bear' #1 as the free issues they used to stuff in each package. Pretty sure I threw em both away.

foreheadslap.gif

On 8/1/2006 at 2:04 PM, kidcolt said:

This comic was undervalued for a long time but when it got hot it really got hot. Just try finding a copy for less then $500-800 in decent shape. Usagi has a huge following and this of course is his firt app. Add in that its an independant comic with only 2000 made and you have a HOT comic

Overstreet list it as one of the best comics to invest in.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Albedo-2-Mint-Stan-Sa...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150005205416&fromMakeTrack=true

Some of the comments here aged well.. others not so well ...:bigsmile:

15 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Unfortunately, the boards have never been lacking in insufficiently_thoughtful_persons posting wildly_fanciful_statement.

I would love to have a copy and it is top 3 of books I because

1. It is one of the best comic books drawn and written in the history of comics, if you actually read comics this series is a must.

2. Stan Sakai is a pillar of the comic community and I would love to have this book signed by him.

Also whomever mentioned this would plummet has no idea what they are talking about ;)

17 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
17 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Unfortunately, the boards have never been lacking in insufficiently_thoughtful_persons posting wildly_fanciful_statement.

To be fair, the definition of 'viscosity' is "the state of being thick".  :shy:

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Stan happily got some love for being Sergio Aragonés adjacent and Groo adjacent. Those two guys have done SO much for non-big two comics...

I’ve been begging Dark Horse to release a Groo collection like the Usagi Yojimbo Saga 

11 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

How high do you all think Albedo will go?  Will it ever get near TMNT levels?

Probably not because most TMNT fandom is based on the cartoon, toys, and the 90’s movies. But it could, because the new TMNT stuff has a much smaller audience and doesn’t seem to be nearly as universally popular with the kids as it once was. If Usagi Yojimbo became a hit cartoon or even mobile app it could take off, but unlikely since kids these days don’t seem to care about possessions beyond their tablets at all. Just went to a 6 year olds birthday and looking for a gift for him was a nightmare since the only toy he plays with is his tablet and the only thing he watches is YouTube. Ended up getting home hello neighbor on Xbox. He already has it on his tablet, this is just so he can keep playing after he’s played with his tablet until it dies and needs to charge it

18 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Probably not because most TMNT fandom is based on the cartoon, toys, and the 90’s movies. But it could, because the new TMNT stuff has a much smaller audience and doesn’t seem to be nearly as universally popular with the kids as it once was. If Usagi Yojimbo became a hit cartoon or even mobile app it could take off, but unlikely since kids these days don’t seem to care about possessions beyond their tablets at all. Just went to a 6 year olds birthday and looking for a gift for him was a nightmare since the only toy he plays with is his tablet and the only thing he watches is YouTube. Ended up getting home hello neighbor on Xbox. He already has it on his tablet, this is just so he can keep playing after he’s played with his tablet until it dies and needs to charge it

When is the cartoon coming out?

6 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

What do you think is driving the Albedo 2 prices right now?  Is it just catching up to all the other copper keys?

I forgot there actually was a cartoon announcement. 

Yeah, I think the price is driven by its comics following. No movie hype. Doubt the cartoon and toy like will do too much for it beyond the handful of speculators that freak out and buy whatever they see on TV, but don’t see it going down any time soon