• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, SANDMAN art is HOT ! ! !

26 posts in this topic

The page was relisted, 1st at one dollar lower than the 1200, and now reduced to 1099. I like the piece, and the text, but agree with the previous appraisal.

The Comicart-L piece was nice, and I can understand the price as it was likely one of the best pages from that arc, featured Morpheus promiently and I think looked better in B&W.

Out of curiosity did anyone else take part in the private bidding for the 2 Sandman pages, which included the Season of the Mists page? I'd guess the probable winner was the person who has the most Sandman pages, as I know he was bidding.

Taking the highest bid and then asking for offers over as a starting point turned me off a bit, creating a climate of fear, to get much higher bids, and not taking an increment over the lower bid as on eBay, but just taking the highest bid amount. 2 others were bidding from my understanding.

Paul.

Out of curiosity did anyone else take part in the private bidding for the 2 Sandman pages, which included the Season of the Mists page? I'd guess the probable winner was the person who has the most Sandman pages, as I know he was bidding.

Taking the highest bid and then asking for offers over as a starting point turned me off a bit, creating a climate of fear, to get much higher bids, and not taking an increment over the lower bid as on eBay, but just taking the highest bid amount. 2 others were bidding from my understanding.

Paul.

I must have missed that auction. Which pages were up?

Yep. Blind bidding bites. You lose any sense of transparency as in a normal auction. You could be susceptable to a seller "creating buzz" by saying there are multiple people interested, when really they've all dropped out at a lower bid increment. You end up putting a lot of trust in the seller to be above board about it.

J