• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Tallarico Interview

3 posts in this topic

I suppose you know who Tony Tallarico is?

He's a golden/silver age creator who has accomplished a few significant feats in the comic industry.

Among them is creating Lobo, the first solo title dedicated towards a black hero (a cowboy, normal looking, no mention of his race within the story either). Another is doing some political parody books in the mid 60s, particularly the Great Society Comic Book and Bobman and Teddy. His work was also featured in the notorious Seduction of the Innocent.

Anyway, I did an interview with him and we talk about this stuff. The transcript and MP3 audio of it is online at

http://www.CollectorTimes.com/Clubhouse.html

I remember him with Bill Fraccio when they worked on Blue Beetle before Ditko took over. Fun stuff, brings back memories . I also remember those guys doing a story or 2 for Warren Pub.Still have that stuff in my collection all these years . I'll have to pull it out sometime . Thanks for sharing & welcome.