• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:VAST comic book collection now available at my EBAY store for SERIOUS buyers

70 posts in this topic

Dear Rob;

I shared this EBAY account with my 2 brothers and the first 3 negatives are not EVEN mine.8 negatives for 491 feedbacks is a RED FLAG?!? That's funny,since most of my customers seem VERY happy for thier sales.This is SLANDEROUS and frankly I'm offended at the accusations. I HAVE NEVER DELIBRATELY MISLED A BUYER IN MY LIFE AND I CAN DOCUMENT ALL THE BS MOST OF THOSE 'UNHAPPY" SELLERS;ONE DEMANDED FREE SHIPPING AND WHEN HE DIDN'T GET IT HE LEFT THE NEGATIVE.ANOTHER HAD THREATENED ME SEVERAL TIMES WITH A NEGATIVE SINCE THE SHIPPING WAS LATE(MY FATHER HAD BEEN FATALLY ILL WITH CANCER FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND THIS DELAYED SHIPPING)-AND TRUE TO HIS WORD,HE DID.I can't believe you slammed me like that without even knowing the backstory because you think since you've had the good fortune to deal with only reputable buyers and therefore have only one negative,you're qualified to slam me.I'm offended and that shows how honest your positive words earlier were.By the way-NONE of the sales that resulted in negatives dealt with comics,all were in regards to textbook sales.

Guess that shows what you're input's worth.

Andrew L.

Addendum:I apologize-ONE did result from a comic sale and after getting the comic for next to nothing,this guy had the nuts to complain after seeing 3 different closeup scans of the comic.He knew EXACTLY what he was buying.He also emailed me and offered to retract the statement for a complete refund AND he got to keep the book.

So much for honor among buisnessmen.............

Andrew L.

I was genuinely trying to help you, until after you were convinced you are overgrading, your response was, "Mind if I try and find a "sucker" who disagrees with you first,though?"

No attempt to revise the listing and make it right. You want to keep "mint" in the description, hoping to dupe someone out of their money.

And I did nothing slanderous. All I did was quote actual feedback, which is viewable to the public. Ask many of the lawyers on here, I'm pretty sure that's legal. If the feedback does not pertain to you, then I suggest you switch eBay IDs. Selling with an ID that has negative feedback, and claiming it was directed to someone else who used the account, is not a good business strategy. On eBay, your feedback reputation is all you have. And what buyers can tell from yours, is that you tend to call things mint when they really aren't. They're not going to take the time to figure out if the feedback is yours, or for a friend you let use your account. That's why you don't share your eBay ID.

And yes, 8 negatives with 491 positives is a red flag, in my opinion. I'm sick about the one I have, with 880 feedback. I can't imagine having 8 times that, especially with only 491 positives.

Again, I really wanted to help you sell your lot. I'm newbie-friendly and always willing to share some advice. But I have NO tolerance whatsoever for people who try to scam people out of money. And until you revise your listing to adveritse more accurate grades, that's exactly what you're doing. And you have the feedback to prove it.

And I'm not the only one on these boards who have been "lucky" enough to keep their negatives under 8. I'm sure many honest people on here have similar feedback to mine. I give unconditional refunds to customers, to avoid negatives. You control your feedback.

I just reread my post, and don't see where it is slanderous or "slamming" you. I quoted actual feedback, and said I was upset that you are selling comics as "mint" when it has been brought to your attention that they are far from mint. I made no false accusations against you at all. I'm not allowed to share my discontent with overgrading?

Dear Rob;

First of all-about the "sucker" statement,I was being sarcastic and I thought that was obvious.Second,you can be as sacrosanct about your feedback as you like,but I've been a seller in good standing for nearly 7 years and anyone with experience can tell you it's nearly impossible to maintain 100% positive rating if you've been doing any serious volume of selling for any length of time-there are too many thieves and unscrupulous buyers on here.A 97-99% positive feedback is really the best you can hope for unless you've been EXTRAORDINARILY lucky.You clearly HAVE been.Most of us aren't and if you speak to most sellers,they'll tell you the same.Thirdly,I didn't mean LITERAL slander in a legal sense-just bad mouthing me like that publically.Most of my customers are VERY pleased,as my feedback speaks for itself.Lastly-I plan to greatly revise the listing tonight and relist it at a more realistic price.As for the conditions-I think they are a fair grading.I'm not looking to rip anyone off,never have.And I still think as well intentioned as you were,it was very unfair of you to slam me like that without even dealing with me once as a seller.

When the new listing is up, I'll post it here.Let the chips then fall where they may.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

...I've been a seller in good standing for nearly 7 years and anyone with experience can tell you it's nearly impossible to maintain 100% positive rating if you've been doing any serious volume of selling for any length of time-there are too many thieves and unscrupulous buyers on here.A 97-99% positive feedback is really the best you can hope for unless you've been EXTRAORDINARILY lucky.

Andrew,

I've been a seller for 5 years on ebay, powerseller for 4 and have a FB rating of 99.9%. I handled over 8000 sales in that time frame and "luck" had nothing to do with it but treating customers fairly while clearly and accurately representing the product had everything to do with my feedback rating and success on ebay. Oh and by the way...

Member Profile: locasciosales (491)

Members who left a positive: 499

Members who left a negative: 8

All positive feedback received: 555

doing the math, you haven't even been on ebay with this account as long as I have with mine...

Member Profile: wrcollectibles (3663)

Members who left a positive: 3667

Members who left a negative: 4

All positive feedback received: 8291