• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again............................

225 posts in this topic

Andrew , I hope you sell these books and get what you want but to not let a forum member come pick them up , especially one everyone is vouching for is not too cool. I understand the thought of having strangers come to your house and I wouldnt let just anyone but some of these guys are the guys who have been trying to help you sell these books and get max dollar for you. Now none of them may win or your Reserve might not be met but if it is reconsider. Someone who does not have to pay hundreds to ship books might be willing to pay more for said books.

AND this is a big AND . If these books get damaged in shippment ( and it happens alot with comics) they will be asking for a refund and you will have a bigger problem. books that were f-vf will now be VG and you will not get half of what you were going to get. I have been looking out for ya from the beginning there Andrew but have commom sense in this situation. If someone wants to come pick up something I am selling I always welcome it if it is a fragiel item. I have met Ebayers for stuff ( Always in store parking lots) .

Andrew , I hope you sell these books and get what you want but to not let a forum member come pick them up , especially one everyone is vouching for is not too cool. I understand the thought of having strangers come to your house and I wouldnt let just anyone but some of these guys are the guys who have been trying to help you sell these books and get max dollar for you. Now none of them may win or your Reserve might not be met but if it is reconsider. Someone who does not have to pay hundreds to ship books might be willing to pay more for said books.

AND this is a big and . If these books get damaged in shippment ( and it happens alot with comics) they will be asking for a refund and you will have a bigger problem. books that were f-vf will now be VG and you will not get half of what you were going to get. I have been looking out for ya from the beginning there Andrew but have commom sense in this situation.

Well said.. thumbsup2.gif

Ok Andrew I will be on a serious note here now.

My partner and I have bought and sold large lots over the past few years 4 of them on ebay. When I say large lots each of them had over 80 long boxes. All but 1 sale on ebay we had them picked up and the amount we received was more then we expected.

But as it was pointed out if you let a buyer pick them up thats a few hundred more they are willing to bid on the books. And if all the bidders look at it this way your price will go up.

Our last sale we even offered to deliver them within 500 mile radius for a fee. If you have these options available you will get better bids.

Ok good luck, oh and I wont be bidding since theres no pickup.

lol . That did sound odd.

Last guy i met was selling a comic book box. Basically was a comic book box painted black and said Comic Collectors Kit. Guy purchased it at Sears and had it on Ebay for $10. I got it for my Son to put his comics in.

He lived near me in Jersey so we met at the Kmart Parking lot on a crowded Saturday. Was a safe way to go. But would meet anyone here I know well on this site at my house . Not a newbie but a regular . ( Or a parking lot 27_laughing.gif )

lol . That did sound odd.

Last guy i met was selling a comic book box. Basically was a comic book box painted black and said Comic Collectors Kit. Guy purchased it at Sears and had it on Ebay for $10. I got it for my Son to put his comics in.

He lived near me in Jersey so we met at the Kmart Parking lot on a crowded Saturday. Was a safe way to go. But would meet anyone here I know well on this site at my house . Not a newbie but a regular . ( Or a parking lot 27_laughing.gif )

How about a dark alley gossip.gif Bring a Action #1 while your at it. thumbsup2.gif

Dear Hearts;

Ha Ha Ha.Believe what you want,it's the truth.That being said-Spidervacc made a real point.Ok,I'll have to think about this and decide how I want to do this.I assume you guys want to see the collection BEFORE the auction ends,naturally.Otherwise,not much point,is there?OK,I'll go back and advertise I'll show the collection to LOCAL bidders only if they're willing to come to a lot of my choosing.Spread the word.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Dear Sharoch;

I don't make exceptions for the "no pick up under any circumstances" rule-I made that rule after the last local people whom I allowed to come to my place for a sale of a large set of graphic novels I once had tried to rob me at knifepoint.The only reason it didn't get really ugly was that I was smart enough to have 5 friends standing by just in case.After that,I said to hell with it.I'm sure you're a good guy with good intentions-but I'm just really skittish about this.We WILL be able to negotiate the shipping fee,though-let's see how the auction goes.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

How did you know they were going to try to rob you at knifepoint but didn't because your 5 friends were there?

Did he say, " I was going to cut you and take your [embarrassing lack of self control], but you have 5 friends here so I am going to leave."

Personally I think that is pretty retarded to make Shad pay hundreds of bucks in shipping because of some goofy almost robbed but not for my purple hair story.

I think many people on here can speak for Shad and I am one of them. Trying to sell a large collection and not allowing people to see it before they buy it is tantamount to a mail order bride or selling your house with only a picture from the outside.

You could always get a shemale or a house with no walls.

If I wasn't at work I'd be rolling on the floor - this was frickin' HILARIOUS! grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Dear Sharoch;

I don't make exceptions for the "no pick up under any circumstances" rule-I made that rule after the last local people whom I allowed to come to my place for a sale of a large set of graphic novels I once had tried to rob me at knifepoint.The only reason it didn't get really ugly was that I was smart enough to have 5 friends standing by just in case.After that,I said to hell with it.I'm sure you're a good guy with good intentions-but I'm just really skittish about this.We WILL be able to negotiate the shipping fee,though-let's see how the auction goes.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

How did you know they were going to try to rob you at knifepoint but didn't because your 5 friends were there?

Did he say, " I was going to cut you and take your [embarrassing lack of self control], but you have 5 friends here so I am going to leave."

Personally I think that is pretty retarded to make Shad pay hundreds of bucks in shipping because of some goofy almost robbed but not for my purple hair story.

I think many people on here can speak for Shad and I am one of them. Trying to sell a large collection and not allowing people to see it before they buy it is tantamount to a mail order bride or selling your house with only a picture from the outside.

If I wasn't at work I'd be rolling on the floor - this was frickin' HILARIOUS! grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I know, I cracked up writing it. I was like, how can anyone even know that someone was going to due them harm if they didn't do the harm?

I pictured a guy in a black leather coat with slicked back hair with a butterfly knife saying (in some boston or ny accent)

"It's your lucky day pal, I was going to gut you like a fish for your Spawn vs. Batman trades, but since you have 5 of your beefy croney's wit ya, I will leave it at was."

Dear Sharoch;

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

I know, I cracked up writing it. I was like, how can anyone even know that someone was going to due them harm if they didn't do the harm?

I pictured a guy in a black leather coat with slicked back hair with a butterfly knife saying (in some boston or ny accent)

"It's your lucky day pal, I was going to gut you like a fish for your Spawn vs. Batman trades, but since you have 5 of your beefy croney's wit ya, I will leave it at was."

sign-funnypost.gif

Dear Sharoch;

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Now dat some funny chit! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Just tell the truth, we weren't born yesterday.

Yeah, tell the truth. Tell us that some guy came over to look at the books, you looked at him through the window and thought he was scary. Wet your pants and then ignored his knocks on the door.

Later that day, your parents came home to ask you why the books were still here and the couch was yellow. You told a story of an armed gunman with a SuperSoaker full of Cat Urine demanding you give up your graphic novels.

Then, thankfully your Dungeon and Dragon setting in the basement concluded and your 5 friends walked upstairs and asked why the Pizza Dude had a SuperSoaker and what smelled so bad. The robber realized that he was no match for 5 Warlocks and frantically ran away. He would have to wait to claim his stolen prize another day.

For your adventure, you each received 500 experience and 3 pieces of gold. You did however have to pay to have the couch cleaned.

Ok,HERE'S the whole truth:I WASN'T lying-but that wasn't the real reason.I can take care of myself,people don't scare me. The REAL reason? NO ONE on EBAY that I know-and I know many sellers of various items-from custom jewelry to collectible toys to textbooks-allows buyers,even local ones,to examine the merchandise before buying.The whole point of EBAY is to create a reliable forum for sellers and buyers to interchange items without EVER meeting and sellers can allow buyers detailed views of thier merchandise online.If the seller is full of [embarrassing lack of self control]-that's what EBAY Protection Services is for. When sellers-usually dealers come to "examine the merchandise"-it's simply to handle them,complain about every imagined defect-whether it actually exists or not-and in the end,refuse to pay anything but peanuts for them.And assuming after all the effort you went through to arrange the merchandise for them and make it available for them you refuse to sell it to them for thier ridiculous price-that seller will then go on every feedback forum and message board he/she can find to demean,critique and flat out slam your merchandise to other potential buyers.After that-especially if the spiteful buyer is well respected-you can't give it away.

I've seen it happen.This is why I'm so reluctant.And frankly-I don't think it's fair I have to be held to a higher standard then other EBAYers simply bc a dealer wants more control over the merchandise's price then the rules of EBAY allow.

How's THAT for honest?

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Ok,HERE'S the whole truth:I WASN'T lying-but that wasn't the real reason.I can take care of myself,people don't scare me. The REAL reason? NO ONE on EBAY that I know-and I know many sellers of various items-from custom jewelry to collectible toys to textbooks-allows buyers,even local ones,to examine the merchandise before buying.The whole point of EBAY is to create a reliable forum for sellers and buyers to interchange items without EVER meeting and sellers can allow buyers detailed views of thier merchandise online.If the seller is full of [embarrassing lack of self control]-that's what EBAY Protection Services is for. When sellers-usually dealers come to "examine the merchandise"-it's simply to handle them,complain about every imagined defect-whether it actually exists or not-and in the end,refuse to pay anything but peanuts for them.And assuming after all the effort you went through to arrange the merchandise for them and make it available for them you refuse to sell it to them for thier ridiculous price-that seller will then go on every feedback forum and message board he/she can find to demean,critique and flat out slam your merchandise to other potential buyers.After that-especially if the spiteful buyer is well respected-you can't give it away.

I've seen it happen.This is why I'm so reluctant.And frankly-I don't think it's fair I have to be held to a higher standard then other EBAYers simply bc a dealer wants more control over the merchandise's price then the rules of EBAY allow.

How's THAT for honest?

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

27_laughing.gif

SHEMALE