• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again............................

225 posts in this topic

Andrew if your tired of the stress of dealing with them do as someone here said and take the top offer. If you want to sell with out ebay fees offer it here to someone for the top bid. There might just be someone here that will take it for the $560.. But if you want to keep dealing with them split them up and make sure to get help with the grading. I'm sure alot of people didn't bid due to your idea of NM. If you don't want to do 100 auctions split them by title or gold/silver/bronze. Good luck.

I'm in total agreement with Richnerd. Either sell it cheap as a lot or break it up. Seeing as you've taken all thos pics, throw them up in grading forum and get some opinions. I don't want to come off as a , but you really need to get up to speed as far as grading is concerned.

Yeah, the guys here have given you some grief but, IMO, it has been deserved (to an extent).

Break the collection up and sell them in lots. Go to the grading forum to get an idea of how books are graded in 2006. You'll probably pull in more than the $560 your auction stopped at. It'll be more work, but they'll sell. Just know that if you want to sell those books, you've got to consider the following:

1. Your grading needs to tighten up...Alot.

2. Alot (re most) of the books you're trying to sell are common issues.

3. You're not going to get full OS Guide for low/mid-grade books.

4. You're not going to get anywhere near guide for low/mid-grade common books on eBay (or at a show/on these boards/etc)

5. If you can't understand/deal with that, just keep your books. The time/effort you put into acquiring them will not translate into a dollar amount that is even close to equal.

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Now that you've had a reality check,I'll take a look at them and if they are about what I think they are,I'll top your hi offer from E-bay,and save you the hassle of having to ship them.

assuming they are in the Metro area,that is.

And feel free to have your 5 buddies there when I look at them. I'll even spring for beers if they help load.

Now that you've had a reality check,I'll take a look at them and if they are about what I think they are,I'll top your hi offer from E-bay,and save you the hassle of having to ship them.

assuming they are in the Metro area,that is.

And feel free to have your 5 buddies there when I look at them. I'll even spring for beers if they help load.

I'd take shad up on his offer (you also save ebay FV fee) and at the very least you get a bottom line analysis of your books. If you really need the money sell it now, and later in life when you get into a better financial place you can hit the market and reconstitute your collection.

Agreed here. You can do one of 3 things. Keep the books. (just realize that you can wait 20 more years and they will not be worth much more , maybe 10 percent appreciation at best)

Two . you can relist (group or sets) but a lot of time and money.

Three. Let Shad and anyone else who can come bye have a look and give you offers. You can have your 5 friends be there. noone here cares. As I said from the beginnig it would go from $500 to $600 . I will not tell you what to do. You are a smart guy. Just giving my 4 cents.

Agreed here. You can do one of 3 things. Keep the books. (just realize that you can wait 20 more years and they will not be worth much more , maybe 10 percent appreciation at best)

Two . you can relist (group or sets) but a lot of time and money.

Three. Let Shad and anyone else who can come bye have a look and give you offers. You can have your 5 friends be there. noone here cares. As I said from the beginnig it would go from $500 to $600 . I will not tell you what to do. You are a smart guy. Just giving my 4 cents.

Oh your way past the 4 cents now, its got to be atleat 54 cents. sumo.gif

your right rich. gotta be over a buck by now. Just trying to be helpfull to someone I figured from the beginning was trying to get money for school.

By the way in for a free beer myself. though with his five friends and Rich being there might need 2 six packs.

Thanks for all the advice.I think I'll take relisting in a dozen lots with reevaluated grading at as cheap a listing price as possible,Alex.$500 bucks isn't going to do squat for my financial situation.Anything less then a grand won't make a dent. 12 seperate lots have a much better chance of bringing that-I'm I'm pretty sure by routing links to folders at Photobucket and not using html explicitly in the listing,I can cut down dramatically on listing fees.

Will be consulting you guys on grading as soon as I'm ready.Thanks again.

Andrew L.

Thanks for all the advice.I think I'll take relisting in a dozen lots with reevaluated grading at as cheap a listing price as possible,Alex.$500 bucks isn't going to do squat for my financial situation.Anything less then a grand won't make a dent. 12 seperate lots have a much better chance of bringing that-I'm I'm pretty sure by routing links to folders at Photobucket and not using html explicitly in the listing,I can cut down dramatically on listing fees.

Will be consulting you guys on grading as soon as I'm ready.Thanks again.

Andrew L.

Hmm, if $500 bucks isn't going to make a dent for you, how about making a $500 donation to make a dent in mine.

No [embarrassing lack of self control] I would love to send sallie Mae $500 for either my wife or my school bills.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that if someone wanted at least $1k and ran this auction and did all this work they would turn their nose up at $500. Generally speaking eBay is often looked upon as a market indicator of want/value. If this ended at $500ish, then that is about what it will get. Too often people forget about extra time and [embarrassing lack of self control] when thinking they can maximize it.

I'm "not turning up my nose at it"-I just want to exhaust all other attempts to make more FIRST.I have several grand in immediate debt and nearly 50 grand in LONG TERM DEBT.Remember,I originally was holding out for 6 grand to cover my immediate debt.But now that it's not realistic-I want to see if I can at least make all the effort worthwhile by meeting this meager goal.

If all else fails-I'll take what I can get and move on.Broken heart and all.

That's life.

Andrew L.

I'm "not turning up my nose at it"-I just want to exhaust all other attempts to make more FIRST.I have several grand in immediate debt and nearly 50 grand in LONG TERM DEBT.Remember,I originally was holding out for 6 grand to cover my immediate debt.But now that it's not realistic-I want to see if I can at least make all the effort worthwhile by meeting this meager goal.

If all else fails-I'll take what I can get and move on.Broken heart and all.

That's life.

Andrew L.

All that said, take a little pride in the fact that even $600 is probably $300 more than you would get at a local dealer.

If he wants to make this a part time job he might do ok selling that stuff off.

I forget, what's the Amazing Spiderman situation in that lot? I've been selling a ton of $2-$15 spideys lately, all grades, all eras. Those will move.