• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again............................

225 posts in this topic

Dear Collectors:

I have a huge collection of 12 long boxes of very diverse quality,most in at least good condition 2005 Overstreet Grade.My feedback speaks for itself. The auction can be found at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E%3AIT&rd=1

There you will find a complete graded list, hundreds of scans of individual comics and contact information.This is a GREAT set at a very reasonable price.Meet my reserve and it's yours.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Dear Hearts;

I won't tip my hand,but the reserve is a FRACTION of what it was.(In fact,you might say the reserve is a GRAND price.) The shipping costs have also been lowered.I still think the grading is fair.I can't give them away,people.But I think this is much more realistic-the bids seem to show this.Keeping my fingers crossed...........

Andrew L.

I think you're going to have a better shot with that more realistic reserve. Heck, you might go beyond that. People just won't bid if the starting # is too high, even if they might be willing to pay that after a few days of action. It scares people off. A lower start gets people excited.

I'm in NY too, and that will probably help you as you have about 50 million people within driving distance who may prefer to just pick this stuff up. alas, I need another 12 boxes of comics like a massive coronary, so I won't even ask to take a look at 'em!

Dear Sharoch;

I don't make exceptions for the "no pick up under any circumstances" rule-I made that rule after the last local people whom I allowed to come to my place for a sale of a large set of graphic novels I once had tried to rob me at knifepoint.The only reason it didn't get really ugly was that I was smart enough to have 5 friends standing by just in case.After that,I said to hell with it.I'm sure you're a good guy with good intentions-but I'm just really skittish about this.We WILL be able to negotiate the shipping fee,though-let's see how the auction goes.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

I made that rule after the last local people whom I allowed to come to my place for a sale of a large set of graphic novels I once had tried to rob me at knifepoint.The only reason it didn't get really ugly was that I was smart enough to have 5 friends standing by just in case.

yeahok.gif

Dear Sharoch;

I don't make exceptions for the "no pick up under any circumstances" rule-I made that rule after the last local people whom I allowed to come to my place for a sale of a large set of graphic novels I once had tried to rob me at knifepoint.The only reason it didn't get really ugly was that I was smart enough to have 5 friends standing by just in case.After that,I said to hell with it.I'm sure you're a good guy with good intentions-but I'm just really skittish about this.We WILL be able to negotiate the shipping fee,though-let's see how the auction goes.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

How did you know they were going to try to rob you at knifepoint but didn't because your 5 friends were there?

Did he say, " I was going to cut you and take your [embarrassing lack of self control], but you have 5 friends here so I am going to leave."

Personally I think that is pretty retarded to make Shad pay hundreds of bucks in shipping because of some goofy almost robbed but not for my purple hair story.

I think many people on here can speak for Shad and I am one of them. Trying to sell a large collection and not allowing people to see it before they buy it is tantamount to a mail order bride or selling your house with only a picture from the outside.

You could always get a shemale or a house with no walls.

I'm a prosecutor. I probably won't try to mug you. It would reflect badly on my office. Shadroch is a 55 year old former comic shop owner who likes to play high stakes poker. He might try to rob you, but not with a weapon or his fists, with his brain and forked tongue.

Dear Sharoch;

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Are you Vanilla Ice? He was Stabbed in the asssss when he lived in the hood.. ..wink wink..so he says.

They tried to rob him for those comics 27_laughing.gif..

No thats why they didn't rob him they went for NM books and all they seen were good. 27_laughing.gif So they felt bad for him and let him live.

sign-funnypost.gif

But seriously...it is great that the guy took some of our advice about the value of his collection, now if he will post some scans of his "MINT" comics in the grading forum so he can get some much-needed education in that department! screwy.gif

I hate when people use the term mint..I am positve none of those books are Mint....The term is Near Mint if those books are nice and hes been collecting for how many years makepoint.gif

Like I posted before, most of them have no backing boards. I have a short box of that type here and I know what a book looks like after 25 years without backing boards and they sure in the helll dont look Mint. But right atleast he did listen some. foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gifflowerred.gif

Dear Sharoch;

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Now i know that you are a B/S'er, just like with the rest of the [embarrassing lack of self control] you've posted since you got here.