• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amaz spiderman#301 another 9.8 in census

25 posts in this topic

Yep, I saw it too. Lucky [!@#%^&^]. I still say the issue will go for near 1k give or take two or three hundred. But I think Im in the minority here. Regardless, it would be a fun auction just to watch

Well, the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who paid $700 for the first one is out of the running, and it's obviously not as rare as once thought, and it's in no way a key issue, so I'd guess around $400 or so.

i think it will still go over $500 because i dont think spider9698 has one yet and i really need one along with a few others.i think there are still a lot of 9.8s out there but who knows if they will get graded 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

i think it will still go over $500 because i dont think spider9698 has one yet and i really need one along with a few others.i think there are still a lot of 9.8s out there but who knows if they will get graded 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Are you really willing to spend that kind of cash on a book like that??? it's very common,it's not worth spending even a $100 on it,I feel bad for the people buying that white cover ultimate spider-man 1,what going to happen to that book when bendis leaves? and leave he will,no one stays on a book forever. makepoint.gif

i just got back from the heros con in charlotte and i was hoping to pick up a few amaz spideys in cgc 9.8 that i did not already have,but i did not see even one amaz spidey in 9.8 confused.gif they did have some nice stuff but like last year were light on the cgcs.i did pick up star wars# 42 cgc 9.8 white pages and a few raw spideys but nothing real great. harley yee had some nice books but he is very expensive.are there a lot of amaz spidermans 9.8 at other cons? heros is the only con i ever go to and never a lot there. tongue.gif

Ebay is way to go for High CGC books. At the con, they are way overpriced. Cons are good for finding good deals on raw books. All the ultra high grade books are sent to CGC these days.

I can't believe more people are not trying to submit an Amazing Spider-Man 301 to get a CGC 9.8. If I had a stack of these, I would prescreen and try to get at least one. I was thinking about trying to get an Amazing Spider-Man McFarlane run in CGC 9.8 but gave up when I saw how fierce the competition is. I won a Amazing Spider-Man 301 CGC 9.6 for $20. I will happy with that ($700 is a little too much). $700 is what happens when everyone needs the same issue to complete their run. What other Amazing McFarlane issues are HTF in CGC 9.8?

i dont understand either why more dealers do not try to prescreen more 301s.the only one i do not have for the macfarland run is 301cgc 9.8 so far from 300-359 the ones i need in 9.8 are 301,332,346,347,358.i think there will be more cgc 9.8s for 301,but the price will still be high for it until a few of us crazy completist get one.at one time i was going to take about 5-7 301s in cgc 9.6 and take them out of the slab and resumitt all to try and get 1 9.8 but that would be to expensive and more than likely there will be a few more.some of the other new grading companies may be giving a lot more 9.8s for 301 than cgc gives and i think that will also bring the price down.i dont know if i will be buying from the new guys or not but if they do not have the hard outer shell i know i wont. wink.gif

The problem with Modern Age CGC books today is that if it's not a 9.8 or better,No one wants it.If you sell a 9.6 of a key modern age book,you might just make your money back on the grading,if it's a 9.8 you'll make a few bucks but 9.9 and 10.0 is when you make real profit. Kevin