• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went to my first convention... firsts sketches too! UPDATED!

15 posts in this topic

Hi!. Some weeks ago I've posted some questions about getting sketches and things like which paper to use and things like that.

Ok, as I live in a little town in Spain I'm not able to get a of sketches and signs. About 50 kilometers we have a Comic Convention. It's not like USA. It's a little one (50 little booths or so) and you don't have any USA editions, just spanish editions of US comic-books and a lot of european comic books. This was the 9th edition of that convention "Viñetas desde A Coruña", and takes place in A Coruña, Spain.

The Convention, expositions and all the logistic is paid by the City Council, so everything is free. No tickets to go to expositions or whatever, no sketches fees.. and very important. not a lot of people interested in sketches or signs...

I went before, but only to buy some comic books and visit the expositions, but this year I went to meet some authors.

Among a lot of european artists this year we had: Bruce Timm, Brent Anderson, Jessica Abel and Esad Ribic.

The doors opened at 18.30 pm and we had 2 hours till the end. Me and my girlfriend came together so I had double oportunities to get some sketches...

I was 8th in the queue to go inside (only 1 hour of waiting) and because you need to left your backpack at the entrance I was 2nd in the Bruce Timm queue and my girlfriend 1st in Ribic's.

I've got a Batman and a Wonder Woman from Timm and my girlfriend got a Wolverine and a Thor. 4 esketches in less than 10 minutes (remember, everything is free and we don't get so amazing sketches as paid ones in the USA).

Then, I went to Brent Anderson's queue, and I was the 8th. My girlfriend got some sketches from european artists and went to Bruce Timm's queue too.

Brent didn't stop drawing for 2 hours and the person after me was the lastest to have a sketch done. Batmans, Wolverines, Storms, Supermans... and I got a Phoenix from X-Men. He needed a graphic reference, but someone in the queue had it and he draw a beautiful Phoenix for me.

Then, I went to meet with my girlfriend at the Timm's queue, and she was waiting... and we asked for a Black Canary and another Batman for my girlfriend's brother. And he signed my Twomorrow's Modern Masters: Bruce Timm.

We came out almost at 9pm and we had an hour to visit the booths.Only this day and the next day morning were the sings sessions (not all the authors went the 2 days). I couldn't go the other days of the convention, so I'm very happy with my first experience.

I need to scan the sketches and uploading them so this night or tomorrow you'll see them. Please, keep in mind that all of them are free, and these are my first sketches so don't be cruel!.

Thanks a lot for all your support!!!.

P.S. I'm sooooo happy!

cloud9.gif