• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,428 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, Straw-Man said:

beautiful WHITE 23!  when bright like that, it's one of my faves.  this'un came from jimbo years ago--the whiteness won me over.

asm23.jpg

I remember this one........... it's almost TOO nice .......... making other books look bad...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

13 hours ago, ickwinzs said:

Merry Christmas Spidey Collectors!! Here is what I got back from CGC recently I was hoping for 8.0 but came up short on a couple. I thought they were in line. So I am gonna have to upgrade a bit on the 39 and 43.

39.jpg

40.jpg

43.jpg

Congrats on some very sweet books!  Love these classic Romita cover's!! (thumbsu

Every time I visit this thread I get a serious urge to try and go for a silver age ASM run. Such beautiful books and classic stories. True comic book history that still defines popular culture, maybe today more than ever. I will probably try to start with a Lee - Ditko run, getting the key issues first and fill the gaps slowly. I already have an AF15 and a nice ASM 1 so I guess the hardest part is done, but 2, 3, 4, 6, 14, 15 and 20 are not that easy (or cheap) either.

Or maybe I should just avoid visiting this thread. :grin:

spid.jpg

Edited by SECollector

On 12/12/2017 at 7:51 AM, Straw-Man said:

beautiful WHITE 23!  when bright like that, it's one of my faves.  this'un came from jimbo years ago--the whiteness won me over.

asm23.jpg

Hard to find without the staples being indented , and/or a transfer stain . This issue has staple "issues" :p Looks like yours is pretty clean , is the bottom staple indented?