• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, comicquant said:

Gotta give Bob ( @blazingbob - HighGradeComics.com) a shout for finding a seemingly impossibly difficult to locate, high grade, early issue run of Amazing Spider-man.  While mine is the lowest grade of the batch it is a book thats been on my want list in 8.5 or higher for almost two years.  Also, have to thank @Shaolingoat for pointing out the books!    

asm_11.jpg

Gorgeous pick-up JP!!  That is a tough one in high grade for sure and yours is a beaut (thumbsu  Nice coincidence, I just picked up a #11 too, although mine is a lot lower grade than yours!

On 2/18/2018 at 10:23 PM, comicquant said:

Gotta give Bob ( @blazingbob - HighGradeComics.com) a shout for finding a seemingly impossibly difficult to locate, high grade, early issue run of Amazing Spider-man.  While mine is the lowest grade of the batch it is a book thats been on my want list in 8.5 or higher for almost two years.  Also, have to thank @Shaolingoat for pointing out the books!    

asm_11.jpg

Smoking book!  Kudos.

Always a bit jealous of your Spidey collection.  But an upgrade for you sometimes turns into an upgrade for me.  Unfortunately, not this time.

i always keep an eye out for when you or @Straw-Man upgrades.  

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That really was a sweet set of Spideys.  I picked up one as well.  (thumbsu

5a8e1e684daf3_AmazingSpider-Man27CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.9490c7f5aaa7d7bfc13feb433a44be11.jpg

Now, I wouldn't exactly describe Bob as a guy who buys into the "CVA Exceptional" label, but he did put that in his book description so now I've gotta go back and ask him if I paid extra for that little sticker.  :whistle:

Nice nab!  Thats a great looking #27!  You rarely see that book in grade.  Congrats!

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That really was a sweet set of Spideys.  I picked up one as well.  (thumbsu

5a8e1e684daf3_AmazingSpider-Man27CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.9490c7f5aaa7d7bfc13feb433a44be11.jpg

Now, I wouldn't exactly describe Bob as a guy who buys into the "CVA Exceptional" label, but he did put that in his book description so now I've gotta go back and ask him if I paid extra for that little sticker.  :whistle:

That is a stunning copy!  Colors are really popping.  Congrats on the pick up (thumbsu

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, Philreal said:

Got a huge upgrade from my 5.0 thanks to a fellow boardie(Straw-Man shout-out!). I'll take the stuff he wants to get rid of everyday!

image.png.f5ad434911c31fcdb4646888c5d599f0.png

This is a Ditko favorite of mine.  Love this cover and beautiful book!

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

Nice nab!  Thats a great looking #27!  You rarely see that book in grade.  Congrats!

13 minutes ago, mosconi said:

That is a stunning copy!  Colors are really popping.  Congrats on the pick up (thumbsu

Thanks to you both.  I think the deep, rich colors must be what made it "exceptional" to CVA.  It's stunning in hand.  Structurally it's great, but thanks to the wear in the lower left corner I wouldn't call it "exceptional" for a 9.4.

It's a great book and I'm really excited to have it!