• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I've been involved in 2 auctions for CVA books. Both of them went for over 100% above market average. That sticker carries a hefty premium!

why?? it seems not that hard to get a cva sticker. i have one on an ASM129 9.4, i mean come on, half those books could get a cva sticker. 

21 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

why?? it seems not that hard to get a cva sticker. i have one on an ASM129 9.4, i mean come on, half those books could get a cva sticker. 

+1...  I’ve always considered the CVA sticker and idea behind it a total sham.

Edited by comicquant

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

Mainly because they were white pagers on books that where not so easily found in white. It wasn't because of the sticker. I personally put a high premium on white pages but that's just me.

The market has determined that CVA designation to be of significant value. It's probably not that popular on this message board but it obviously has its high dollar supporters

There's an authorization search tool on the CVA site but it's still under construction. Do you think Clink would auction off phoney CVA books?

Edited by MGsimba77

On 2018-03-10 at 10:46 AM, SECollector said:

Nothing huge here, but geez how I love those early Spideys.

IMG_5002.jpg

The stories are just so much fun!

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

i don't do much in the way of pressing/resubbing [not because of philosophical issues, but because of laziness/disdain for the forms, mailing, waiting...], but when my spidey 2, 7.0 came in, it simply seemed undergraded to me.  i sent it in, and it has come back.  very happy.

asm2-1.jpg

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i don't do much in the way of pressing/resubbing [not because of philosophical issues, but because of laziness/disdain for the forms, mailing, waiting...], but when my spidey 2, 7.0 came in, it simply seemed undergraded to me.  i sent it in, and it has come back.  very happy.

asm2-1.jpg

Nothing better than a full grade upgrade! (worship)

Probably should post this in the WTB forum, but eff it.

im looking to upgrade my 14.  6.0-7.5 range is what I’m looking for.  

Can anyone help?  Cash or cash/trade.  I’ve got a 4.0 14 for trade (if you’re trying to keep an ASM14).  Tons of other books available for trade as well.  

Shoot me a pm with pics and ask.  Prefer graded, but open to raw.