• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Straw-Man said:

great book, jimbo.  the fumes are so classically ditko!

The scene where Crime Master first hit Spidey with the gas in the story (on the rooftop) was too much for me.... I instantly became a Ditko fan for life...... only to be followed in the next issue by the sequence where Spidey busts through the sewar pipe grating into the main sewer with the gas swirling :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

21 hours ago, Philreal said:

Picked this up over the weekend. Always liked this cover and been waiting to upgrade with some nice PQ & decent centering.

ASM #33 9.0 FRONT.jpg

ASM #33 9.0 BACK.jpg

My all-time favourite ASM cover and story !!!

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, jimjum12 said:

This is my new pride and joy ..... @paperheart ....... man, it's a pretty 8.0...... it was always one of my favorite issues..... GOD BLESS....

JMeEuzB.jpg

This was my gateway-drug into the harder stuff, back around 1980-ish when I was 12-13, and dropped more than the typical couple bucks on a comicbook. This book will always be THAT special book to me !  

Edited by fishbone

11 hours ago, fishbone said:

This was my gateway-drug into the harder stuff, back around 1980-ish when I was 12-13, and dropped more than the typical couple bucks on a comicbook. This book will always be THAT special book to me ! 

....the first books I ever paid "big" money for was FF 8 and 11, the 8 was $ 7.50 and the 11 was $ 6.50 ..... both from Howard "M" Rogofsky ...both were in the VF range. I didn't even know what was on the cover of either until I got them. GOD BLESS...

On 3/20/2018 at 3:22 PM, fishbone said:

Finally, after several times trying for a McFarlane page of Spidey in action, my ASM artwork grail (with Venom to boot!!!)

i know it’s not Silver, but forgive me

EA467EDB-58BA-4000-AEE5-3B84DF4FCC80.jpeg

Wow!   Kudos to you!   

Some great books have been posted here over the years, but this is even better.  Venom in every panel and a great Spidey pose.  Just wonderful!

36 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Spidey in every panel too (meant to post that).  But that lower left corner is so good.  Perfect McFarlane.   Under-arm webs and all.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Spidey in every panel too (meant to post that).  But that lower left corner is so good.  Perfect McFarlane.   Under-arm webs and all.

Thanks, yes SO happy!

On 3/20/2018 at 8:22 PM, fishbone said:

Finally, after several times trying for a McFarlane page of Spidey in action, my ASM artwork grail (with Venom to boot!!!)

i know it’s not Silver, but forgive me

EA467EDB-58BA-4000-AEE5-3B84DF4FCC80.jpeg

Silver or not this is an awesome piece! I try so hard not to go over to OA for now and stay focused on my ASM run, but it is tempting. I recently got from a local auction house here in Sweden a random Bagley page from #370 for really cheap and I was thrilled. I can't even imagine how it feels to own such a nice page like yours. Congrats! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, SECollector said:

Silver or not this is an awesome piece! I try so hard not to go over to OA for now and stay focused on my ASM run, but it is tempting. I recently got from a local auction house here in Sweden a random Bagley page from #370 for really cheap and I was thrilled. I can't even imagine how it feels to own such a nice page like yours. Congrats! (thumbsu

That Bagley page was a steal.  Regardless of the content.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, SECollector said:

There is an abundance of such cool OA, Spidey and so many others, just have to pick your price range..but there is literally something for all price ranges! I'm really getting hooked now, will keep looking for very cool action-packed pages of any kind