• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

The plastic they used for the older style CGC cases has a wicked blue color shift (which is why the new cases look so crystal clear by comparison), but I believe your scanner is adding some of its own color correction. I just used the background as a neutral grey point and that eliminated some of the overall blue shift that is being added by your scanner (since that's not part of the case).

NowWithLessBlue.jpg.7b4f5c8d8efbba490065eda338272c12.jpg

(nice book, BTW)

Edited by Martin Sinescu

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:57 AM, Philreal said:

#4 is my favorite of the early issues. I must not be alone!

On 4/11/2018 at 5:57 AM, Philreal said:

I went after this but once it passed GPA I didn't want to be high on a CR/OW book.  I bought the notes and most defects are relatively innocuous except for the tear.  

Left Bottom Front Cover Wear
Left Top Back Cover Small Tear
Left Top Back Cover Wear
Right Top Back Cover Address/Date/Name Stamp

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

This just came back from CGC!  I spent over a year looking for a 9.2+ ASM 31 so this has been a long time in the making!  Ironically I forgot I had bought this raw from an OO collection a couple of years ago and came across it while looking for another book.  As always I have to give @joeypost and CFP comics kudos for the outstanding work.

IMG_0476.JPG

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

What a lovely, lovely copy of a fantastic issue! #SoJelly

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

This just came back from CGC!  I spent over a year looking for a 9.2+ ASM 31 so this has been a long time in the making!  Ironically I forgot I had bought this raw from an OO collection a couple of years ago and came across it while looking for another book.  As always I have to give @joeypost and CFP comics kudos for the outstanding work.

IMG_0476.JPG

Congratulations, that is a beautiful book.  But ...

Did you just say you've been looking for a 9.2 for more than a year, and then stumbled on a raw 9.4 sitting in your own collection?!

Dude, you need a spreadsheet.  Or one of those memory vitamins they've been selling on TV lately.  :baiting:

3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Congratulations, that is a beautiful book.  But ...

Did you just say you've been looking for a 9.2 for more than a year, and then stumbled on a raw 9.4 sitting in your own collection?!

Dude, you need a spreadsheet.  Or one of those memory vitamins they've been selling on TV lately.  :baiting:

lol I have no record of what I've bought!  Its pretty bad!  If its any consolation I remembered it as soon as I saw it!?!?!

1 minute ago, comicquant said:

lol I have no record of what I've bought!  Its pretty bad!  If its any consolation I remembered it as soon as I saw it!?!?!

I am OCD and if you saw how tricked out my Excel spreadsheet and personal database are, you'd laugh.  But I guess that goes with the territory of collecting runs -- I need to stay on top of my checklist for that goal to even make sense.

How do you keep track of your want list at any given moment in time?

3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I am OCD and if you saw how tricked out my Excel spreadsheet and personal database are, you'd laugh.  But I guess that goes with the territory of collecting runs -- I need to stay on top of my checklist for that goal to even make sense.

Thats the next biggest problem.  My want list changes daily.  Thats why I'm so bad with cons.  I want everything and walk out with nothing.  @Shaolingoat and @Batmanderson can attest to my affliction.  I work on runs but they're short.  I'll probably keep spidey to 1 - 50 with keys after that.  A TOS run of 39 - 100.  Maybe a JIM run of 83 - 100.  And of course SA/BA keys and GA books I like. 

49 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Thats the next biggest problem.  My want list changes daily.  Thats why I'm so bad with cons.  I want everything and walk out with nothing.  @Shaolingoat and @Batmanderson can attest to my affliction.  I work on runs but they're short.  I'll probably keep spidey to 1 - 50 with keys after that.  A TOS run of 39 - 100.  Maybe a JIM run of 83 - 100.  And of course SA/BA keys and GA books I like. 

It's true.  He'll look at 400 books and almost pull the trigger on 1/3 of them--until he decides not to buy anything at all.  

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Have you ever posted screenshots of your spreadsheet? I'm always interested to see how others keep up with their collections.

8 hours ago, comicquant said:

IMG_0476.JPG

That is a beauty!!  Congrats on a such a gorgeous copy!  Wish I could just pull out books like this out of my raw collection :applause:

8 hours ago, comicquant said:

IMG_0476.JPG

Congrats! What a find! I'm watching the 9.2 on CL and then will decide if I want to let mine go. Could you post close ups of the corners? Mine has never been pressed and I'd like to see how it compares.