• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Always thought the Vulture was kinda lame, but 2 is such a great cover.  Love red covers and the “Spidey sense”.  Great perspective with the city backdrop.  One of the Top 5 Ditko covers easily.

Wonderful book.  Congrats!   

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Always thought the Vulture was kinda lame, but 2 is such a great cover.  Love red covers and the “Spidey sense”.  Great perspective with the city backdrop.  One of the Top 5 Ditko covers easily.

Wonderful book.  Congrats!   

The Vulture is in my opinion lame in an Ed Wood film kind of way: so lame that you have to love him. But to be honest, Michael Keaton elevated his coolness factor to a more mainstream level. Heck, he was even a bit scary. But yes, I agree about the cover, not to mention that nevertheless he is the first ever real Spidey villain. I think this book is still undervalued and not way too easy to come by.

29 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

I just want to say I love seeing these Spideys! You have good taste SECollector! Nice presenting copies. 

I subbed my Spidey 1 with color touch for resto removal at the Carbo show last month. It was a 4.5, now it’s this. At first I was bummed about the grade, and after having it one night I started to get really happy.  It feels like I have a new book. I do like the Stan label, and on this book with this quote, it’s fitting. 

FC4DCCD1-8A66-48CB-AEDE-C36FB82852B4.jpeg

Awesome book - what did it look like before/where was the colour touch?

Just now, Chillax23 said:

Awesome book - what did it look like before/where was the colour touch?

30 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

I just want to say I love seeing these Spideys! You have good taste SECollector! Nice presenting copies. 

I subbed my Spidey 1 with color touch for resto removal at the Carbo show last month. It was a 4.5, now it’s this. At first I was bummed about the grade, and after having it one night I started to get really happy.  It feels like I have a new book. I do like the Stan label, and on this book with this quote, it’s fitting. 

Yes I seriously adore that book, and he wrote the famous quote on there, love it 

14 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Wow, very unique book Dan!

On 5/13/2018 at 7:34 PM, SpideyFein said:

I’m not a SS fan, but that’s pretty effin’ awesome!  (worship)

Easily the best Stan SS I’ve seen.

4 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I’m not a SS fan, but that’s pretty effin’ awesome!  (worship)

Easily the best Stan SS I’ve seen.

I appreciate it! Especially since your not an SS guy as well. It’s surely special.

DST- Are you sure that’s not a VF?? Seriously, that 5.0 is smokin!!!!! Congrats man. You deserve it. 

3 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

I appreciate it! Especially since your not an SS guy as well. It’s surely special.

DST- Are you sure that’s not a VF?? Seriously, that 5.0 is smokin!!!!! Congrats man. You deserve it. 

Haha I wish...I will say it sure is a pretty 5.0 though, very excited about it!  I really appreciate it, Dan!  And I echo the sentiments about your SS, what a truly special book to have, cheers!

:tink:

Edited by DST