• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

since I only collect the annuals thru the s.a., i had never 'til now noticed annual 9 was a swipe of mag 2!

IMG_4815.PNG

Same story too! I have SS 2, but don't have a scan. It's the Suscha News Copy. You're copy is beautiful, Billy.

And, for what it's worth, the story in SS 2 and Annual 9 is in my top three comic stories ever. I read and re-read Annual 9 for years as a kid before I even knew where the story originated. I knew it was a reprint(obviously, since Gwen and the Goblin just died a couple of months before the annual came out), but had no idea it was from a magazine. 

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

And, for what it's worth, the story in SS 2 and Annual 9 is in my top three comic stories ever. I read and re-read Annual 9 for years as a kid before I even knew where the story originated. I knew it was a reprint(obviously, since Gwen and the Goblin just died a couple of months before the annual came out), but had no idea it was from a magazine. 

SS 2 is my all time favourite Spidey cover. Romita did such an incredible job painting this cover. I could look at it all day.

Larry, I did the same with Gobby. I started with an 8.0 ASM14, and tried an 8.0 run. I had a bunch, and loved them.  I never took a picture though. I sold the 14 8.0 (just too high for me at the time) and it then felt incomplete. I sold the others, and actually got a lower grade 14 a couple years later- sold that too :tonofbricks: It’s one a Spidey collector shouldn’t be without. 

Keep us updated. Now that you have a sweet 14, the rest are fairly easy. That is unless you’re going into the modern stuff, which I wouldn’t recommend lol  If you stay with it, I’d love to see a group Gobby shot. 

21 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Larry, I did the same with Gobby. I started with an 8.0 ASM14, and tried an 8.0 run. I had a bunch, and loved them.  I never took a picture though. I sold the 14 8.0 (just too high for me at the time) and it then felt incomplete. I sold the others, and actually got a lower grade 14 a couple years later- sold that too :tonofbricks: It’s one a Spidey collector shouldn’t be without. 

Keep us updated. Now that you have a sweet 14, the rest are fairly easy. That is unless you’re going into the modern stuff, which I wouldn’t recommend lol  If you stay with it, I’d love to see a group Gobby shot. 

I'll probably stop around 137, though I may go for the issues around 179 where Harry's shrink becomes the Goblin. I'm also going to try to get the Spidey Super-Stories with the Romita Goblin cover , and the Marvel Tales with the Goblin. Compared to the GA Batman set I've been working on for 8 years, this will be a cinch.

This book finally seems to be getting the love it deserves - already at a new GPA high and still 8 hours to go. It has always been under valued IMO

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%26x%3D48%26y%3D5%23Item_1246044&id=1246044&itemType=0

RAD468FA2018327_11533.jpg

14 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

Ugh, I just sold my 8.0 for a LOT less than that.  I think the price is because the notes showed it as a book with a lot of bump potential.

• Bottom Front Cover Small Multiple Bend
  • Right Bottom Whole Book Small Bend
Edited by comicquant