• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Ugh, I just sold my 8.0 for a LOT less than that.  I think the price is because the notes showed it as a book with a lot of bump potential.

• Bottom Front Cover Small Multiple Bend
  • Right Bottom Whole Book Small Bend

I'm starting to believe those CVA stickers are worth the $150.00

Continuing the #31 discussion, I saw Minh had a gorgeous 9.2 listed for sale earlier this week and I thought his ask of $2400 was a fair price so I was surprised at the hammer on that 9.2 as well.  I am the owner of a previous Voldy 9.0 that was resubbed to CGC and came back a 7.5 (:cry:), so in the coming months, hopefully at SDCC I'll be able to find a nice upgrade for #31 and find a nice mid-grade copy of #2.  Love the ASM red covers (2, 31, 50)!

Just noticed on GPA that an ASM annual 1 CGC 9.0 just sold for $5019.00 - anyone know where it sold? Seems a bit high to me, especially since the Don and Maggie 9.0, which is a really nice copy, has been on eBay for months for $4200.00 (it does have WP so maybe that’s what caused the nearly 20% jump?)

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

Just noticed on GPA that an ASM annual 1 CGC 9.0 just sold for $5019.00 - anyone know where it sold? Seems a bit high to me, especially since the Don and Maggie 9.0, which is a really nice copy, has been on eBay for months for $4200.00 (it does have WP so maybe that’s what caused the nearly 20% jump?)

Heritage: https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-annual-1-marvel-1964-cgc-vf-nm-90-white-pages/a/7187-92354.s

So many beautiful comics here! Definitely provides motivation:bigsmile: My biggest problem right now is figuring out which major purchase to make.Leaning towards a VF #14, but I also want to get that AF #15 out of the way. Decisions.

Edited by Not A Clone
can't work a keyboard :(

1 hour ago, Not A Clone said:

So many beautiful comics here! Definitely provides motivation:bigsmile: My biggest problem right now is figuring out which major purchase to make.Leaning towards a VF #14, but I also want to get that AF #15 out of the way. Decisions.

I would probably go for the AF15 if I were you. Prices have stayed reasonable during the last few months and its a matter of time before it starts climbing again in my opinion, so it would probably save you money if you get it sooner than later.

7 hours ago, SECollector said:

I would probably go for the AF15 if I were you. Prices have stayed reasonable during the last few months and its a matter of time before it starts climbing again in my opinion, so it would probably save you money if you get it sooner than later.

Thanks. Finishing my inventory so I can figure out what to part with. Taking a few weeks to complete. I guess I'll have a better idea of my price point once I complete this. About 10 years ago I went to a Wizard show just to look around and pick up a couple of books from my childhood. Then it went to full-fledged collecting every Spider-Man title ever printed plus tons of other stuff that I had no intention of ever collecting lol. Time to get back to my Spidey only books. :bigsmile:. I already decided to drop variants and the new #1 is going to have a 1:2000 so that made my decision really easy. I'll probably part with the post-700 variants too to help  get some nice early books. I haven't sold much on ebay, I usually only buy so I'll have to figure out the best way to go about selling.