• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheSSurfer said:

Anyone selling low to mid grade(2.0-4.0) ASM 14? If so let me know please and thank you.

You will probably have better luck in the "Want to buy" thread. There are many dealers that hang out there. Here we are mostly guys that would marry our books if it was legal.

19 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

both this ped and the "toledo" books were absolutely, for a good long time, NOT recognized by cgc as a pedigree after initially being declared such.  however, last year a batch of "new" toledos hit the market, and i say "new" cuz they were in the current iteration of holder.  then, just recently, the d. run book i posted above popped up in auction, again in a new holder.  seems pretty clear that after a period of not labeling these two collections as peds, cgc did an about-face.  why, i don't know.

You could be correct OR the books may have simply been reholdered, not regraded, in which case the label info remained the same ? (shrug)

5 hours ago, SECollector said:

You will probably have better luck in the "Want to buy" thread. There are many dealers that hang out there. Here we are mostly guys that would marry our books if it was legal.

Lmfao I have some ASM books and posted at WTB and constantly scan where silver age books are sold, but no luck.

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

new spidey ped in the box; same grade as old one, and had to trade down a click on pq, but LOVE the green river books and so happy to have this one.

asm51-1.jpg

The Green River's are a great pedigree!  Love the colors and eye appeal of your #51, and very nice date stamp!! :golfclap:Here's my #54 which I also enjoy and closely matches yours :headbang::

asm 54221.jpg

Edited by mosconi

Looks like ASM 13 is the newest book that speculators have ruined collecting on for a while. I will never understand the increase in price because of a movie for a key silver age book that is collectible in its own right. I can see more obscure characters from the 80's, 90's and more modern. But Spiderman 13? A classic long time villain? Give me a break.