• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, DST said:

Going into 2018, I made a commitment  to finally own two of my grail books... an AF15 and and ASM1 before they got out of reach.  After lots of selling and saving... today, on July 18th, I achieved my goal.  “Yo, Adrian! I did it!!” :whee:

CD9E5921-B27A-465C-BD9C-B48BC2213BF0.jpeg

Looking at these two iconic issues next to each other is always pure joy. Awesome copies. Are you going for the run?

1 minute ago, SECollector said:

Looking at these two iconic issues next to each other is always pure joy. Awesome copies. Are you going for the run?

Thanks!  It truly is!  Im beyond excited and genuinely on :cloud9: today.  Banner day in my collecting life for sure.  Unfortunately I had to sell most of my books to be able to achieve this goal.  I’m sure I’ll start again and go on a low-mid grade run now that I have these two.  Need to get back to saving though.  I think I met my spending quota for the yearlol 

1 hour ago, DST said:

Thanks!  It truly is!  Im beyond excited and genuinely on :cloud9: today.  Banner day in my collecting life for sure.  Unfortunately I had to sell most of my books to be able to achieve this goal.  I’m sure I’ll start again and go on a low-mid grade run now that I have these two.  Need to get back to saving though.  I think I met my spending quota for the yearlol 

Well at least you have the toughest part out of the way! Grats!

2 hours ago, DST said:

Going into 2018, I made a commitment  to finally own two of my grail books... an AF15 and and ASM1 before they got out of reach.  After lots of selling and saving... today, on July 18th, I achieved my goal.  “Yo, Adrian! I did it!!” :whee:

OUTSTANDING 

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Getting closer to a full run of the Ditko books!  A few recent pickups, all raw.  #19 is around 3.5, #25 around 4.5, and #35 is nasty, maybe 2.0.

asm019.jpg

asm025c.jpg

asm035.jpg

What issues are you missing? I may have some doubles. 

Dst great grabs I am do far from even owning a af15 or asm1. Just even in cap shape to much for me to drop on that.

Clone very nice my 21 probably a 4 maybe 5 grade wise low vg. 

For the 25 looks nice man. I have a pretty solid looking 25 myself. Though biggest flaw is around spidey back logo I am missing some of the cover. Previous owner got cover caught on tape and removed part of it.

Also even though not asm. My cgc secret wars 8 came in this afternoon. If any one like to see it. I plan to do some pics later.

Edited by Webhead2018

6 hours ago, DST said:

Congratulations I could die happy knowing that I owned them myself so I'm sure you're over the Moon, well done.:golfclap: Is there a story behind the find Adrian?  

34 minutes ago, DST said:

I am beyond happy it's surreal actually owning these two.  No real interesting stories behind the acquisition of these books though.  The ASM1 I won in the March Clink auction.  It was a 4.5 that pressed to a 5.0.  The AF15 I bought from a boardie last month with time payments and was able to pay it off in 4 weeks.  I wound up selling a big chunk of my slab collection to make it happen but I have no regrets.  The biggest thing was remaining committed to the goal.  There were alot of books out there I wanted that were tempting and distracting from time to time but I just continued saving and selling putting myself in position to act when the right opportunity came along.  Feeling very accomplished!

Even Laurel and Hardy agree with you look at their tag line.xD

the_music_box__icon1_.jpg

1 hour ago, DST said:

I am beyond happy it's surreal actually owning these two.  No real interesting stories behind the acquisition of these books though.  The ASM1 I won in the March Clink auction.  It was a 4.5 that pressed to a 5.0.  The AF15 I bought from a boardie last month with time payments and was able to pay it off in 4 weeks.  I wound up selling a big chunk of my slab collection to make it happen but I have no regrets.  The biggest thing was remaining committed to the goal.  There were alot of books out there I wanted that were tempting and distracting from time to time but I just continued saving and selling putting myself in position to act when the right opportunity came along.  Feeling very accomplished!

When I first acquired copies of ASM 1 and AF 15 a few years back (in better condition than what I have now) I sold almost my entire Spidey collection to pay for them.  It was 100% worth it.  Over time, it's much easier to add back the "little" books and your collection will fill up again.  Getting the grails is hard and worth sacrificing just about anything else in the collection to do it.  The others will make their way back to you in time.  Amazing books BTW!

18 hours ago, DST said:

Excellent selections. Great copies with lots of eye appeal. Love the Page Qualities on both. I'm a believer that nice page quality is a reflection of the book's preservation and freshness. Your copies back my belief. Congrats !!!!